Words — 39 found
1. to lose
- うしな 。
- My mistake cost me my fortune.
2. to miss (a change, opportunity)
3. to lose (a loved one); to be bereaved of
4. to concede (goals, points, etc.)
喪う: Irregular kanji usage.
2. calamity; misfortuneArchaism, Only applies to も
3. MourningMourning is, in the simplest sense, synonymous with grief... Read more
1. funeral service of a Japanese emperorAbbreviation, See also 大喪の礼 たいそうのれい
2. Imperial mourningArchaism
1. artifact spirit; in folk belief, long-lived objects (household objects, living beings, nature, etc.) become inhabited by a spirit
2. TsukumogamiUnderstood by many Western scholars as a type of Japanese... Read more
つくも神 【つくもがみ】、九十九神 【つくもがみ】
付喪神: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. loss of (self-)confidence; inferiority complexYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. demoralization; collapse of morale; one's morale being shakenYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. depressed in spirits; rejection; disheartened; lacking nerveYojijukugo (four character compound)