Words — 1 found
1. to come true (of a wish, prayer, etc.); to be realized; to be fulfilledesp. 叶う
- If a sick person folds one thousand paper cranes, her wish will come true.
2. to suit (e.g. a purpose); to meet (wishes, ideals, etc.); to conform to (standards, rules, etc.); to be consistent withSee also 道理に適う, esp. 適う
- He is a man after our own hearts.
3. to match (implies competition); to rival; to bear (e.g. the heat)esp. 敵う, usu. with neg. verb
- He stands alone as a conductor of ballet music.
適う 【かなう】、敵う 【かなう】