Words — 155 found
- Did you go abroad for pleasure or on business?
2. play (margin between on and off, gap before pressing button or lever has an effect)Usually written using kana alone
3. Play (activity)Play is a term employed in psychology and ethology to des... Read more
1. amusement park
3. Amusement parkAmusement and theme parks are terms for a group of entert... Read more
1. to play; to enjoy oneself; to have a good time
- あそ 。
- There were two children playing on the street.
2. to mess about (with alcohol, gambling, philandery, etc.)
3. to be idle; to do nothing; to be unused
- あそ 。
- The machine is lying idle.
4. to go to (for pleasure or for study)as 〜に遊ぶ
5. to intentionally throw a ball to lower the batter's concentrationBaseball term
あすぶ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
2. PlaygroundA playground or play area is a place with a specific desi... Read more
1. to let (someone) play; to keep (someone) amused; to entertain
- Don't let the children play on this street.
2. to leave idle; to not make use of; to let go to waste
3. to doHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
4. to doHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), See also ご免あそばせ, as お...あそばす or ご...あそばす
1. swimming; bathing
- He was the first man to float in space.
2. getting on in the worldSee also 遊泳術
1. pleasure cruise; sightseeing boat; excursion boat
2. CruiseferryA cruiseferry is a ship that combines the features of a c... Read more
1. to grow wild; to run to waste; to become degenerate
2. to become rough (of art, craft, etc.); to lose refinement; to deteriorate (of skill)
3. to intensify (of wind, rain, etc.); to become more severeusu. after -masu stem
進む 【すさむ】、遊む 【すさむ】
1. to jaunt around; to play around; to visit one place after another without effectSee also 遊び歩く
遊び回る 【あそびまわる】、遊び廻る 【あそびまわる】
1. shortstop; shortBaseball term
2. ShortstopShortstop, abbreviated SS, is the baseball fielding posit... Read more