Words — 30 found
- あつ 。
- The coffee was so hot that I nearly burned my tongue.
2. tongue-like object; clapper (of a bell); talon (of a lock)
3. TongueThe tongue is a muscular hydrostat on the floors of the m... Read more
- はな 。
- He speaks with a lisp.
2. poorly expressed; unclear (wording); imprecise (expression); inadequate (explanation)
- せつめい 、
- わ 。
- His explanation was too sketchy. I didn't understand it.
舌たらず 【したたらず】、舌っ足らず 【したったらず】
舌っ足らず: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to be astonished; to be amazed; to be astounded; to be deeply impressedIdiomatic expression
1. in the same breath; hardly had the words been saidIdiomatic expression, See also 舌の根も乾かぬうち したのねもかわかぬうち
1. eloquence or flattery designed to deceiveYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. in the same breath; hardly had the words been saidSee also 舌の根の乾かぬうち したのねのかわかぬうち
1. a glib tongue (with fair words); fluent talk designed to deceive; talk something awayYojijukugo (four character compound)