Words — 9 found
1. essence; the best; cream
- The essence of Japanese culture could never be appreciated by them.
2. chic; smart; stylish; tasteful; refined; sophisticatedSee also 粋 いき
3. considerate; understanding; thoughtful; tactful
4. familiar with worldly pleasures (esp. sexual relations, geisha districts and red-light districts)
1. chic; smart; stylish; tasteful; refined; sophisticatedAntonym: 野暮, also written as 意気
- You're looking snappy today.
2. understanding; considerate; thoughtful; sensible
3. familiar with worldly pleasures (esp. sexual relations, geisha districts and red-light districts)
1. whim; vagary; capriciousness; eccentricity
酔狂 【すいきょう】、酔興 【すいきょう】
酔興: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. person of refined tastes; sophisticated person
2. man of the world; understanding person
3. man about town
1. to collect the best; to put together the cream of the crop
1. to show tact (in relationship matters); to be considerate (e.g. of a couple); to be thoughtful