Words — 2 found
1. to load (a gun, etc.); to charge
- He keeps this gun loaded.
2. to put into (e.g. emotion, effort)
- Her technique is superb, but she needs to play with more expression.
3. to include (e.g. tax in a sales price)
- こ 。
- The new constitution included the aim of abridging the king's power.
4. to hang over; to shroud; to enshroud; to envelop; to screenSee also 立ち込める
籠める 【こめる】、篭める 【こめる】、罩める 【こめる】
罩める: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to shut oneself in (e.g. one's room); to be confined in; to seclude oneself; to hide away; to stay inside (one's shell)Usually written using kana alone
- か 。
- He often shuts himself up in the study and writes things like this.
2. to be filled with (emotion, enthusiasm, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- He sent me an affectionate letter.
3. to fill the room (of a gas, smell, etc.); to be heavy with (e.g. smoke); to be stuffy; to be denseUsually written using kana alone
4. to be muffled (e.g. voice)Usually written using kana alone
5. to hold (a castle, fortress, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
6. to confine oneself in a temple to prayUsually written using kana alone
籠もる 【こもる】、篭もる 【こもる】、籠る 【こもる】、隠る 【こもる】
隠る: Rarely-used kanji form.