Words — 1 found
1. to peek (through a keyhole, gap, etc.)
- のぞ 。
- I peeped out through a crack in the wall.
2. to look down into (a ravine, etc.)
3. to peek into (a shop, bookstore, etc.)
- み 。
- I saw Mary looking into a show window.
4. to sneak a look at; to take a quick look at
- Don't look into the box.
5. to peep (through a telescope, microscope, etc.)
- He was looking through a microscope.
6. to stick out (a scarf from a collar, etc.); to peek through (sky through a forest canopy, etc.)
- のぞ 。
- The neighbor popped his head up over the wall for a moment.
7. to examine (an expression); to study (a face)
8. to faceArchaism, See also 臨む, esp. 臨く
覘く 【のぞく】、窺く 【のぞく】、臨く 【のぞく】