Words — 15 found
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. toyUsually written using kana alone
2. (person or thing treated as a) playthingUsually written using kana alone
3. ToyA toy is any object that can be used to play. Toys are as... Read more
玩具 【がんぐ】、翫具 【がんぐ】、オモチャ
翫具: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to play with (a toy, one's hair, etc.); to fiddle with
- もてあそ 。
- The cat was playing with a live mouse.
2. to toy with (one's emotions, etc.); to trifle with
- You should not trifle with his feelings.
3. to do with something as one pleases
- I have lived a life of a puppet of fortune.
4. to appreciate
玩ぶ 【もてあそぶ】、翫ぶ 【もてあそぶ】、もて遊ぶ 【もてあそぶ】
翫ぶ: Rarely-used kanji form. もて遊ぶ: Irregular kanji usage.
1. toy shop; toy storeSee also おもちゃ屋
玩具店 【おもちゃてん】、玩具店 【おもちゃみせ】、おもちゃ店 【おもちゃてん】、おもちゃ店 【おもちゃみせ】
1. toying with; playing with
2. making a plaything of (someone); treating as a plaything; trifling with
翫弄: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. tasting; relishing; savouring; savoring
2. appreciation; enjoyment
1. toy box; toy chest
玩具箱 【おもちゃばこ】、翫具箱 【おもちゃばこ】
翫具箱: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. forgetting one's serious objectives by becoming engrossed in trivial pursuits; being distracted by trivial objects and losing sight of one's original goalYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. Cucurbita pepo (species that includes many varieties of pumpkin, squash and zucchini)Usually written using kana alone, See also ペポカボチャ
玩具南瓜 【おもちゃかぼちゃ】、玩具かぼちゃ 【おもちゃかぼちゃ】、玩具カボチャ 【おもちゃカボチャ】、オモチャ南瓜 【オモチャかぼちゃ】、オモチャカボチャ
1. omocha-e; woodblock-printed picture intended as a toy for childrenHistorical term