Words — 8 found
Common word Links
1. pretext; history; past; story
- Some wise man has said life consists of one disappointment after another.
2. according to ...; ... says
- He-heh... there's a tale behind that, for that place.
1. with an interesting history (story); with a shady history; with circumstances that are difficult to explain
1. according to ...; ... saysUsually written using kana alone, See also 曰く
1. to say; to be pleased to sayUsually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), originally respectful language; nowadays oft. used sarcastically
宣う 【のたもう】、曰う 【のたまう】、曰う 【のたもう】
1. to sayHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Archaism, See also 宣う
宣ふ 【のたもう】、曰ふ 【のたまう】、曰ふ 【のたもう】