Words — 10 found
1. greeting; greetings; salutation; salute; polite set phrase used when meeting or parting from somebody
- She greeted us with a smile.
2. polite set phrase used to express apology, sympathy, congratulations, etc.
- もうしあ 。
- Please allow me to say a few words on this occasion.
3. speech (congratulatory or appreciative); address
- こま 。
- I was at a loss for an answer.
4. reply; response
5. revenge; retaliationSlang
6. a fine thing to sayJocular, humorous term, used sarcastically as a response to a rude remark; usu. in the form of ご挨拶
7. dialoging (with another Zen practitioner to ascertain their level of enlightenment)See also 一挨一拶, orig. meaning
8. relationship (between people); connectionArchaism
9. intervention; mediation; mediatorArchaism
10. GreetingGreeting is an act of communication in which human beings... Read more
1. courtesy call; going around to say hello (or goodbye) to everybody; making the rounds
挨拶まわり 【あいさつまわり】、あいさつ回り 【あいさつまわり】
1. substitute for a proper greeting (e.g. gift)
挨拶がわり 【あいさつがわり】、あいさつ代わり 【あいさつがわり】