Words — 10 found
1. greeting; greetings; salutation; salute; condolences; congratulationspolite set phrase used when meeting or parting from somebody
- She greeted us with a smile.
2. speech (congratulatory or appreciative); address
- もうしあ 。
- Please allow me to say a few words on this occasion.
3. reply; response
- こま 。
- I was at a loss for an answer.
4. revenge; retaliationSlang
5. a fine thing to sayJocular, humorous term, used sarcastically as a response to a rude remark; usu. in the form of ご挨拶
6. dialoging (with another Zen practitioner to ascertain their level of enlightenment)See also 一挨一拶, orig. meaning
7. relationship (between people); connectionArchaism
8. intervention; mediation; mediatorArchaism
9. GreetingGreeting is an act of communication in which human beings... Read more
1. substitute for a proper greeting (e.g. gift)
挨拶がわり 【あいさつがわり】、あいさつ代わり 【あいさつがわり】
1. courtesy call; going around to say hello (or goodbye) to everybody; making the rounds
挨拶まわり 【あいさつまわり】、あいさつ回り 【あいさつまわり】
1. money speaks louder than words; money is better than (empty) words; yen bills over salutationsProverb, Jocular, humorous term, pun on 挨拶 and 円札 both ending in さつ