Words — 2 found
1. to pin down; to hold down; to press downalso written as 圧さえる
- Hold this ladder steady.
2. to cover (esp. a part of one's body with one's hand); to clutch (a body part in pain); to press (a body part)
3. to get a hold of; to obtain; to seize; to catch; to arrest
- お 。
- The police seized the robber by the neck.
4. to grasp (a point); to comprehend
- お 。
- I caught him speaking ill of me.
5. to quell; to subdue; to suppress; to repress; to hold back; to check; to curb; to containSee also 抑える おさえる
1. to keep within limits (e.g. spending); to restrain (e.g. emotions); to control; to curb; to hold in check
- Jane could not stop herself from crying aloud.
2. to hold back (e.g. an enemy); to check; to curb; to contain; to quell; to subdue; to suppress; to repressSee also 押さえる おさえる