Words — 9 found
1. to burn
- Could you cook this meat a little more?
2. to roast; to broil; to grill; to bake; to toast; to barbecue
- I'd like two prints of each.
3. to heat; to heat up
- おも 。
- I am going to try to get a good tan.
4. to make (charcoal, pottery, bricks, etc.); to bake; to fire; to burn
- I hear that you can burn CDs with Windows XP; could you tell me a website that explains the procedures involved?
5. to tan (i.e. suntan); to burnSee also 灼く やく
6. to print (a photo); to burn (an optical disc)
7. to be jealous of; to be envious of; to envySee also 妬く やく
燬く 【やく】、焚く 【やく】
燬く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 焚く: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. to burn; to burn down; to go down in flamesOnly applies to 焼ける
- や 。
- This toast is not done enough.
2. to be roasted; to be thoroughly cookedOnly applies to 焼ける
3. to be sunburnt; to fade (in the sun)Only applies to 焼ける, Only applies to 灼ける
4. to glow red (i.e. of the sky at sunset)Only applies to 焼ける
5. to become hot (from the sun)Only applies to 焼ける, Only applies to 灼ける
6. to be jealous; to be enviousOnly applies to 焼ける, Only applies to 妬ける, Only applies to 嫉ける
灼ける 【やける】、妬ける 【やける】、嫉ける 【やける】
嫉ける: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to be jealous of; to envy; to begrudge
1. to be jealous of; to be envious of; to envySee also 焼く やく
嫉く: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to be jealous of; to envy; to begrudgeFormal or literary term, See also 妬む ねたむ
妬む 【そねむ】、猜む 【そねむ】