Words — 12 found
1. long sword (esp. the tachi, worn on the hip edge down by samurai); large sword
2. straight single-edged Japanese sword (from the mid-Heian period or earlier)Historical term, Only applies to 大刀, Only applies to たち
3. guandao; Chinese glaiveOnly applies to 大刀, Only applies to だいとう
4. TachiThe tachi is one type of traditionally made Japanese swor... Read more
大刀 【たち】、横刀 【たち】、大刀 【だいとう】、横刀 【だいとう】
横刀: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 横刀: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. crossing swords
2. competing against; contending with; fighting against
1. to be a good match for; to stand a chance against; to be able to compete with; to hold one's ownoften in neg.
- I gave it a try figuring that anything is worth a try. But putting together a program like this is something I'm no match for.
1. sword-bearer (subordinate whose job it is to hold their master's sword)
2. rikishi carrying a sword who follows the yokozuna to the ring during his ring-entering ceremonySumo
3. TachimochiIn professional sumo, the tachimochi is one of the two at... Read more
1. largehead hairtail (Trichiurus lepturus); scabbard fish; beltfishUsually written using kana alone
2. Largehead hairtailThe largehead hairtail (also beltfish), Trichiurus leptur... Read more