Words — 55 found
1. to turn over (face down); to lay face down; to lay upside down
2. to point downwards (eyes, head, etc.); to cast down (eyes)
3. to lie (one's body) face down; to lie flat (on the ground)
- ふ ！
- Get down!
4. to conceal; to hide; to keep secret; to place in hiding (e.g. troops for an ambush)
- These words were spoken by someone who shall be nameless.
5. to lie down; to retire; to go to bed (with an illness)See also 臥せる ふせる, usu. 臥せる
- ふせ 。
- He is confined to bed now.
1. ambush; troops in ambush
2. unexpected opposition; unexpected obstacle
2. preparation; precautionary measures
1. suicide divers (part of the Japanese Special Attack Units during WWII)
2. FukuryuSuicide divers were a part of the Japanese Special Attack... Read more
1. underground water
2. Subterranean riverA subterranean river is a river that runs wholly or partl... Read more
1. symbol used in place of a censored word (e.g. blank, circle, X, asterisk)
2. turn (in set-type proofing); upside-down characterlater printed as 〓
伏字: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to bend down; to bow down; to prostrate oneself
2. to hide oneself
1. to crouch; to stoop; to bend down; to prostrate oneself; to lie down
2. to yield; to submit; to surrender
3. to hide; to conceal oneself