Words — 724 found
- January is the first month of the year.
2. age; years
- Might I ask your age?
3. past one's prime; old age
4. YearA year is the orbital period of the Earth moving around t... Read more
1. fountain pen
- I have lost my new fountain pen.
2. Fountain penA fountain pen is a nib pen that, unlike its predecessor ... Read more
万年筆 【まんねんぴつ】、万年筆 【まんねんふで】
1. boy; juvenile; young boy; youth; lad
- The shy boy murmured his name.
2. BoyA boy is a young male human, usually child or adolescent.... Read more
1. old people; the aged
- ささ 。
- The blind nurse devoted herself to caring for the elderly.
2. trustee of the Japan Sumo Association; retired high-ranking wrestler who is licensed to coach and receives retirement paySumo term
3. senior statesman (of the Tokugawa shogunate)
4. important local official (under the Tokugawa Shogunate)
5. ToshiyoriA toshiyori (年寄) is a sumo elder of the Japan Sumo Associ... Read more
年寄 【としより】、年より 【としより】
1. youth; young man
- That long-haired youth is rude.
2. YouthYouth is the time of life between childhood and adulthood... Read more
1. this year
- た 。
- I can't stand this hot summer.
1. last year
- き 。
- Bill came to see me last autumn.
こぞ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. next year
- Ken will be fifteen next year.
1. every year; yearly; annually
- まいとし 軽井沢
- い 。
- He goes to Karuizawa every year.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. year before last
- She's far better off than she was the year before last.
一昨年 【おととし】、おと年 【おととし】
1. year after next
- My grandfather is planning to retire the year after next.
1. academic year; school year
2. year in school; grade in school
3. Educational stageOften, people are educated through a series of educationa... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. middle-age; middle age; midlife; one's middle years
- She was a middle-aged urban professional.
2. Middle ageMiddle age is the period of age beyond young adulthood bu... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. retirement age
- He served without any serious errors until he reached retirement age.
2. years of service in a military rank before eligibility for promotionArchaism
3. RetirementRetirement is the point where a person stops employment c... Read more
1. years (period of)
- はたら 。
- I've worked here for ten years.
1. age; years
- せがたか 。
- He is a tall boy for his years.
1. age; era; period; date
- はじ 。
- The 1990s began with the Gulf War.
1. months and years
- How long did it take you to collect so many coins?
1. whole year; all year round; throughout the year
2. always; all the timeOnly applies to ねんじゅう, Only applies to ねんぢゅう
3. middle class (of a nursery school, etc.)Only applies to ねんちゅう
年中 【ねんちゅう】、年中 【ねんぢゅう】
JLPT N1 Links
1. yearbook; almanac; annual
- の 。
- This yearbook is illustrated with a lot of beautiful photographs.
2. Annual reportAn annual report is a comprehensive report on a company's... Read more