Words — 2047 found
1. coincidence; agreement; union; match
- We agreed to start early the next morning.
2. conformity; consistency
- His words and deeds do not match.
5. Agreement (linguistics)In languages, agreement or concord is a form of cross-ref... Read more
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
- かとおも 、
- No sooner has one typhoon passed than the next one approaches.
2. for one thingoften used in itemized lists
- For one thing, I am poor; for another, I am busy.
3. onlyafter a noun
4. (not) evenwith a verb in negative form
- うご 。
- He did not even raise an eyebrow at the news of his wife's death.
5. just (e.g. "just try it")
１つ 【ひとつ】、一 【ひとつ】
一: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. togetherSee also 御一緒
2. at the same time
3. same; identical
一しょ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. year before last
- She's far better off than she was the year before last.
一昨年 【おととし】、おと年 【おととし】
1. just a minute; short time; just a littleUsually written using kana alone
- あいだ 、
- Hold still a moment while I fix your tie.
2. somewhat; easily; readily; ratherUsually written using kana alone
- ひく 。
- This desk is a little low for me.
3. (will not) easilyUsually written using kana alone, before a verb in negative form
- You won't find a better job in a hurry.
4. hey!Usually written using kana alone
- Hey, you there!
一寸 【ちょと】、鳥渡 【ちょっと】、鳥渡 【ちょと】、チョット、ちょいと、チョッと
鳥渡: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 鳥渡: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. one day
- げつ ・
- すい ・
- I work every other day: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
2. first day of the monthSee also ついたち
- わたし ｅ—ｍａｉｌ
- My e-mail address will be as follows effective April 1.
一日 【いちじつ】、一日 【ひとひ】、一日 【ひとえ】、１日 【いちにち】、１日 【いちじつ】、１日 【ひとひ】、１日 【ひとえ】
ひとひ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ひとえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ひとひ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ひとえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. oneSee also ワン, １ can also be read ワン. 壱, 弌 and 壹 are used in legal documents
- Pack eggs in dozens.
- おも 。
- I thought the highest mountain in Tsuyama was Takiyama.
3. first; foremost
4. beginning; start
5. bottom string (on a shamisen, etc.)
１ 【いち】、壱 【いち】、弌 【いち】、壹 【いち】
壹: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. unity; consolidation; uniformity; unification; compatible
- おこな 。
- The union of Scotland and England took place in 1706.
2. Political unionA political union is a type of state which is composed of... Read more
1. very hard; with utmost effort; with all one's might; for dear life, See also 一所懸命
- You should have worked harder.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. once; one time; on one occasion
- むずか 。
- A habit is very difficult to shake off once it is formed.
2. temporarily; for a momentOnly applies to ひとたび
3. one degree; one tone; one musical intervalOnly applies to いちど
- なが 。
- Distance per degree of longitude at equator.
一度 【ひとたび】、１度 【ひとたび】、一たび 【ひとたび】、ひと度 【ひとたび】、一とたび 【ひとたび】
一とたび: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. one (esp. of two); the other; one way; the other way; one direction; the other direction; one side; the other side; one party; the other party
- The floor was painted green, while the walls were yellow.
2. on the one hand; on the other handSee also 他方
- いっぽう 、
- しご 」
- But, then again, Latin was already a "dead language" by that time.
3. whereas; although; but at the same time; meanwhile; in turn
4. just keeps; being inclined to ...; tending to be ...; tending to do ...; continuously ...; just keeps on ...ing; onlyafter noun, adjective-stem or plain verb
- I always buy the English-language books I come across at bookstores. But since I never read them, all they do is pile up.
1. ...the heck (e.g. "what the heck?"); ...in the world (e.g. "why in the world?"); ...on earth (e.g. "who on earth?")before an interrogative, forms an emphatic question
- Where on earth did you meet him?
2. one object; one body; unity
- A strike is a mass refusal to work by a body of employees.
3. one form; one style
4. one Buddhist image (or carving, etc.)
5. generally; in generalSee also 一体に
1. emergency; unlikely eventlit. 1 in 10,000
2. by some chance; by some possibility
万一 【ばんいち】、万一 【まんいつ】、万一 【ばんいつ】
ばんいち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. まんいつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ばんいつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. single word; a few words; brief comment
- い 、
- おも 。
- In a word, I think he's a fool.
ひと言 【ひとこと】、一言 【いちげん】、一言 【いちごん】
1. much more; still more; all the more; more than ever
- You should study still harder.
2. single layer (or storey, etc.)
3. rather; sooner; preferablyArchaism, See also いっそ
1. only; sole; unique
- なんかん 。
- The first step is the hardest.
1. whole life; a lifetime; all through life; one existence; a generation; an age; the whole world; the era
- You must study your whole life.
2. (the only, the greatest, etc.) of one's life
- A home is a once-in-a-lifetime purchase so you don't want to make any snap decisions.
1. a house; a home; a family; a household; one's family; one's folks; a style
- The Johnsons love to have parties.
1. general; universal
2. ordinary; average; commonAntonym: 特殊