Words — 231 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. to doUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- He said, "I will say nothing more, because I hate making excuses."
2. to cause to become; to make (into); to turn (into)Usually written using kana alone
- They will help you to get warm.
3. to serve as; to act as; to work asUsually written using kana alone
- かえ 。
- He used a headache as an excuse for leaving early.
4. to wear (clothes, a facial expression, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- Don't make such a sour face.
5. to judge as being; to view as being; to think of as; to treat as; to use asUsually written using kana alone, as 〜にする,〜とする
6. to decide on; to chooseUsually written using kana alone, as 〜にする
- All right. I'll take it.
7. to be sensed (of a smell, noise, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, as 〜がする
- This soup smells horrible. Do you think it's gone off?
8. to be (in a state, condition, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
9. to be worth; to costUsually written using kana alone
10. to pass (of time); to elapseUsually written using kana alone
- しゅっぱつ 。
- He is leaving in three days.
11. to place, or raise, person A to a post or status BUsually written using kana alone, form (for senses 11-14) : AをBにする
- Drive slowly.
12. to transform A to B; to make A into B; to exchange A for BUsually written using kana alone
- See you around.
13. to make use of A for B; to view A as B; to handle A as if it were BUsually written using kana alone
- I was about to start.
14. to feel A about BUsually written using kana alone
15. verbalizing suffix (applies to nouns noted in this dictionary with the part of speech "vs")Usually written using kana alone
17. to be just about to; to be just starting to; to try to; to attempt toUsually written using kana alone, See also とする, as 〜うとする,〜ようとする
1. (following a verb) to be sure to; to do (something) so that ...; to make sure to; to try to
- Thanks. Maybe we'll come back.
1. to ask a question; to ask questions
- Don't ask such hard questions.
1. to have a certain mood or feeling; to have a hunch
- き 。
- I get the feeling you still have an axe to grind. If you've got something to say come on out and say it.
1. to need; to call for; to require
- ひつよう 。
- Above all, children need love.
1. to hear; to hear by chance; to hear by accident; to catch (the sound)
- Yours is a very strange story.
1. to lay the blame on; to put the fault onUsually written using kana alone
- I blamed him for the accident.
1. to make clear; to clarify; to disclose; to make public
- あかり 。
- He did not make his position clear.
1. to render futile; to bring to naught; to waste; to not make good use of
- You must make up for lost time.
1. to count on; to expect someone to (provide help, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- Can I count on your loyalty?
1. to make fun of; to look down on; to make light of
- They were making a fool of me.
1. to behave well; to mind one's mannersSee also 行儀
- I wish Jim would behave himself.
1. to decide (on something)
2. to place, or raise, person A to a post or status Bform (for senses 2-5): AをBにする
3. to transform A to B; to make A into B; to exchange A for BSee also 為る する
4. to make use of A for B; to view A as B; to handle A as if it were BSee also 為る する
5. to feel A about BSee also 為る する
1. to taste; to eat
2. to speak of; to refer to
- Don't talk about such a thing.
1. to be entranced; to be enraptured; to be transported; to be fascinatedSee also うっとりさせる
- なが 。
- I was admiring his new car.
2. to be absentminded; to be miles away; to be in a world of one's own