Words — 236 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. to doUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- He said, "I will say nothing more, because I hate making excuses."
2. to cause to become; to make (into); to turn (into)Usually written using kana alone
- They will help you to get warm.
3. to serve as; to act as; to work asUsually written using kana alone
- かえ 。
- He used a headache as an excuse for leaving early.
4. to wear (clothes, a facial expression, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
- Don't make such a sour face.
5. to judge as being; to view as being; to think of as; to treat as; to use asUsually written using kana alone, as 〜にする,〜とする
6. to decide on; to chooseUsually written using kana alone, as 〜にする
- All right. I'll take it.
7. to be sensed (of a smell, noise, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, as 〜がする
- This soup smells horrible. Do you think it's gone off?
8. to be (in a state, condition, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
9. to be worth; to costUsually written using kana alone
10. to pass (of time); to elapseUsually written using kana alone
- しゅっぱつ 。
- He is leaving in three days.
11. to place, or raise, person A to a post or status BUsually written using kana alone, form (for senses 11-14) : AをBにする
- Drive slowly.
12. to transform A to B; to make A into B; to exchange A for BUsually written using kana alone
- See you around.
13. to make use of A for B; to view A as B; to handle A as if it were BUsually written using kana alone
- I was about to start.
14. to feel A about BUsually written using kana alone
15. verbalizing suffix (applies to nouns noted in this dictionary with the part of speech "vs")Usually written using kana alone
17. to be just about to; to be just starting to; to try to; to attempt toUsually written using kana alone, See also とする, as 〜うとする,〜ようとする
1. to try to ...; to be about to do ...after the volitional form of verb
- み 。
- Dick showed a willingness to help us.
2. to decide to ...after the dictionary form of verb
- おお 。
- In many parts of the world it is illegal to shoot wild game such as deer, moose or pheasant.
3. to take as; to treat as
- This heater burns gas.
4. to use for
- If I had to define life in a word, it would be: Life is creation.
5. to suppose that (such) is the case; to assume
- Those people appreciate clarity.
6. to decide that; to think that
- She was dressed fit to kill.
7. to make into; to change into
- This cheese has a sharp taste.
8. to feel (e.g. after sound symbolism or psychological experience word); to look; to feel like
9. to intend; to have the intentionwith を目的
1. to lay the blame on; to put the fault onUsually written using kana alone
1. to render futile; to bring to naught; to waste; to not make good use of
1. to count on; to expect someone to (provide help, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
1. to behave well; to mind one's mannersSee also 行儀
- I wish Jim would behave himself.
1. to taste; to eat
2. to speak of; to refer to
- Don't talk about such a thing.