Words — 255 found
1. to hold (in one's hand); to take; to carry
- Shall I carry your coat?
2. to possess; to have; to own
- も 。
- I'm a holder of ABC Travel Insurance.
3. to maintain; to keep
4. to last; to be durable; to keep; to survive
5. to take charge of; to be in charge of
1. to waitOnly applies to 待つ
2. to await; to look forward to; to anticipate
3. to depend on; to needusu. in negative form
1. to stand; to rise; to stand upOnly applies to 立つ
- But among you stands one you do not know.
2. to find oneself (e.g. in a difficult position)Only applies to 立つ
- た 。
- The minister was in a fix over illegal dealings.
3. to depart (on a plane, train, etc.)usu. 発つ
- Ah, you're leaving tomorrow!
1. to be helpful; to be useful
- やくにた 。
- Beyond that I cannot help you.
役にたつ 【やくにたつ】、やくに立つ 【やくにたつ】
1. to hit; to strike; to knock; to beat; to punch; to slap; to tap; to bang; to clap; to poundalso written as 拍つ, 搏つ, 撲つ, 擣つ
- It has just struck eight, hasn't it?
2. to strike (noon, etc.); to sound (cymbals, etc.); to beat (a drum, etc.)
- ALS had made his hands and arms too weak to hold a pen or to type.
3. to beat (rhythmically, e.g. pulse, waves, etc.)
- ふと 。
- The insulin was making her fat.
4. to move; to impress; to touch
5. to drive in; to hammer in; to put in; to inject
6. to type; to send; to transmit
7. to insert; to write in; to mark
8. to make (noodles, etc.); to prepare
9. to till (soil)
10. to sprinkle; to throw; to cast
11. to do; to carry out; to play; to perform; to engage in (gambling, etc.)
12. to pay (a deposit, etc.)
13. to visit (on a pilgrimage)
14. to line (a coat)
15. to bind (a criminal)
1. to win; to gain victory
- すく 。
- Not many survive this disease.
克つ 【かつ】、贏つ 【かつ】
1. to be raised (e.g. child); to be brought up; to grow (up)
- そだ 。
- Plants are nourished by earth.
1. to shoot (at)usu. 撃つ
- He shot at me.
2. to attack; to defeat; to destroy; to avenge
討つ 【うつ】、射つ 【うつ】
射つ: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to pass; to lapse
- Time is going by very quickly.
1. to be erected; to be built
- The two houses stand back to back.
1. to be conspicuous; to stand out
- めだ 。
- He was conspicuous in his suit.
1. to take (be in) charge of
- うけも 。
- In this hospital each nurse attends five patients.
1. to keep; to preserve; to hold; to retain; to maintain; to support; to sustain; to last; to endure; to keep well (food); to wear well; to be durable
- い 。
- For appearances sake, I went.
もつ: Irregular kana usage.
1. to consist of; to be made up of; to be composed of
- なりた 。
- This class is made up of thirty-five pupils.
2. to be practical (logical, feasible, viable); to be concluded; to hold true
- A bookstore in that location wouldn't make enough money to survive.
1. to be useful; to be helpful; to serve the purpose
- やくだ 。
- English is useful in commerce.
1. to hit (a person); to strike; to beatUsually written using kana alone
- My ears were ringing from being beaten.
1. to fire (e.g. an arrow); to hit (e.g. baseball); to break wind
- はな 。
- He shot an arrow at the soldier.
2. to free; to release
- It is like letting a tiger run loose.
3. to give off (e.g. a scent); to emit (e.g. light)See also 芳香を放つ
- はな 。
- The garbage-can gave off a bad smell.
1. to be prominent; to be conspicuous
- きわだ 。
- The contrast between the two ideas is very marked.
1. to begin a trip; to depart; to embark
2. to die; to pass away; to depart this life
1. to cut (cloth)
- た 。
- Cut your coat according to your cloth.