Words — 861 found
1. god; deity; divinity; spirit; kami
2. incredible; fantasticSlang, also written ネ申
3. emperor of JapanHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Archaism
5. GodGod is either the sole deity in monotheism or the monist ... Read more
神 【かむ】、神 【かん】
かむ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. oni; ogre; demon
- わら 。
- Next year is the devil's joke.
2. spirit of a deceased personSee also 亡魂
3. ogre-like person (i.e. fierce, relentless, merciless, etc.)Only applies to おに
4. it (in a game of tag, hide-and-seek, etc.)Only applies to おに, See also 鬼ごっこ おにごっこ
6. very; extremely; super-Slang, Only applies to おに, See also 超
7. Oni (folklore)are creatures from Japanese folklore, variously translate... Read more
おに: ichi1, news1, nf08. 鬼: ichi1, news1, nf08. 鬼: ichi1, news1, nf08.
1. to go; to move (in a direction or towards a specific location); to head (towards); to be transported (towards); to reachSee also 来る くる
- おかあ 、
- Can I go swimming, Mother?
2. to proceed; to take placeSee also 旨く行く, い sometimes omitted in auxiliary use
- We'll have to try and make the best of it.
3. to pass through; to come and go
- These rules have been and always will be observed.
4. to walk
5. to die; to pass awayOnly applies to 逝く
6. to do (in a specific way)
7. to stream; to flow
8. to continue
9. to have an orgasm; to come; to cumUsually written using kana alone
10. to trip; to get high; to have a drug-induced hallucinationUsually written using kana alone, Slang
行く 【ゆく】、往く 【いく】、往く 【ゆく】、逝く 【いく】、逝く 【ゆく】
往く: Out-dated kanji. 往く: Out-dated kanji. 逝く: Out-dated kanji. 逝く: Out-dated kanji.
1. thin; slender; fine
2. unlucky (billiards slang)Slang
1. fat; thick
- He has a thick neck.
2. deep (of a voice)
3. daring; shameless; brazen
4. lucky (billiards)Slang
1. to erase; to delete; to cross out
- You should cross out any word you don't need.
2. to turn off power
- わす 。
- Don't forget to turn the light off.
3. to extinguish; to put out
- Be sure to put out the fire before you leave.
4. to bump offSlang
- I have orders to waste you.
けす: ichi1, news2, nf27. 消す: ichi1, news2, nf27.
1. to blow (e.g. wind); to play a wind instrument
- ふ 。
- There was a strong wind that day.
2. to emit; to spout
- The trees are shooting out buds.
3. to whistle
4. to laugh; to burst into laughterSlang, See also 吹き出す ふきだす, often in the form 吹いた
5. to smelt; to mint
6. to brag; to talk big
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. chimney; smokestack; funnel (of a ship); stovepipe
- たか 。
- That chimney is very high.
2. carrying a passenger without turning on the taximeterSlang
3. ChimneyFor other uses, see Chimney (disambiguation). "Smokestack... Read more
1. electromagnetic wave; radio wave; reception; signalOnly applies to でんぱ, See also 電磁波
- だ 。
- His mobile phone produced radio emissions that interfered with other phones.
3. Radio wavesRadio waves are a type of electromagnetic radiation with ... Read more
1. star; any light-emitting (or reflecting) heavenly body (except for the sun and the moon)
- We cannot necessarily see the star with the naked eye.
2. offender; perpetratorSlang, police slang
3. star point (in go); hoshi; intersection marked with a dot
4. circular symbol (said to be shaped like a shining star)
6. one's star (out of the nine stars); the star that determines one's fateSee also 九星
7. small dot; spot
8. point; scoreSumo term
1. grass; weed; herb; thatch
3. not genuine; substandard
4. laughter; LOLSlang
艸: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. fixation; fixing (e.g. salary, capital)
2. fixed handleSlang, Abbreviation, See also 固定ハンドル
1. holeSee also 穴が開く, also read めど for this sense
- And the teams competed with each other to try to kick the ball through this hole.
2. deficit; shortage; missing person (in a team, meeting, etc.)
3. vacancy; opening
- にたい 、
- Let me apologize once again for missing our meeting.
- The argument is full of holes.
5. profitable place (or item, etc.) not well known by others
6. upset victory (with a large payoff)
7. pit (of a theater)Slang, See also 平土間
8. hiding placeArchaism
9. underbelly (of society, etc.)Archaism
あな: ichi1, news1, nf04. 穴: ichi1, news1, nf04. あな: ichi1, news1, nf04.
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉,珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉,珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggSee also 玉子
15. coinusu. だま
16. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. circleSee also ○ まる
- ちが 。
- John and Cathy have different tastes and different characters. Trying to get them together is like putting a square peg in a round hole.
2. entirety; whole; full; complete
- かん 、
- We're booked for the whole month on Broadway.
3. money; dough; moolaSlang
4. enclosure inside a castle's wallsesp. 丸
5. soft-shelled turtleKansai dialect, See also スッポン
6. suffix for ship names; suffix for names of people (esp. infants); suffix for names of swords, armour, musical instruments, etc.; suffix for names of dogs, horses, etc.See also 麻呂, esp. 丸
まる: ichi1. 丸: ichi1. まる: ichi1.
1. to extract; to omit; to draw out; to unplug
- ほうがい 。
- You had better go to the dentist to have that tooth pulled out.
2. to do something to the end
- You have to go through many hardships.
3. to surpass; to overtake
- ぬ 。
- He finally got ahead of the rest of class.
4. to masturbate (of a male); to ejaculate (while masturbating)Slang, Vulgar
5. to take (a photo); to record (video)Slang
ぬく: ichi1. 抜く: ichi1.
1. firing; shooting; discharge; catapult
1. to dig; to excavate; to hollow
2. to delve into
3. to dig up (e.g. vegetables)
- Have you dug up potatoes?
4. (for two men) to have anal sexSlang, Vulgar
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. gum; rubberUsually written using kana alone, From Dutch; Flemish “gom”
- すりへ 。
- Tires wear down because of friction between the rubber and the road surface.
2. eraserAbbreviation, See also 消しゴム
護謨: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 護謨: Ateji (phonetic) reading.