Words — 658 found
1. company; corporation
- There is no opening in our firm.
3. CompanyA company is a business organization. It is an associatio... Read more
1. to raise; to elevateSee also 手を挙げる
- くだ 。
- If you have a question, please raise your right hand.
2. to do up (one's hair)See also 髪を上げる
- I also prefer it with the hair worn up.
3. to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.)
- The fireworks were set off on all sides.
4. to land (a boat)
- They drew the boat on the beach.
5. to deep-fryOnly applies to 揚げる
- あげ 。
- This chicken is fried well.
6. to show someone (into a room)
7. to summon (for geishas, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 揚げる
8. to send someone (away)
9. to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll
- He gave a loud cry for help.
10. to increase (price, quality, status, etc.); to develop (talent, skill); to improve
- あ 。
- The store raised all the prices.
11. to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice)See also 声を上げる
- い 。
- He cried out and ran away.
12. to earn (something desirable)
- あ 。
- He got wonderful results.
13. to praise
14. to give (an example, etc.); to citeusu. 挙げる
- きしゃ ：
- Reporter: Can you give me an example?
15. to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.)usu. 挙げる
- Fight with all your might.
16. to arrestOnly applies to 挙げる
17. to nominateOnly applies to 挙げる
- あ 。
- I put Paul's name forward as a possible candidate.
18. to givePolite (teineigo)
- Do you sometimes give your sister money?
19. to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.)
20. to bear (a child)
21. to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding)usu. 挙げる
- あ 。
- I held a wedding ceremony last month.
22. (of the tide) to come in
23. to vomit
24. to do for (the sake of someone else)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo), after the -te form of a verb
- I will show you how to solve it.
25. to complete ...See also 作り上げる, after the -masu stem of a verb
26. to humbly do ...Humble (kenjougo), See also 申し上げる, after the -masu stem of a humble verb to increase the level of humility
27. Deep fryingDeep frying is a cooking method in which food is submerge... Read more
挙げる 【あげる】、揚げる 【あげる】
2. MarriageMarriage (also called matrimony or wedlock) is a social u... Read more
1. language; dialectSee also 言語
- い 。
- "One aspect of language is an intent to communicate," he says.
2. word; words; phrase; term; expression; remarkSee also 単語
- Words failed me.
3. speech; (manner of) speaking
- あ 。
- Such language doesn't harmonize with his character.
4. Ci (poetry)Ci is a kind of lyric Classical Chinese poetry using a se... Read more
詞 【ことば】、辞 【ことば】、言葉 【けとば】
けとば: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. eye; eyeball
- い 。
- Right, I said, shivering at this recital as a man would who gets hysterical while taking a shower if a bit of soap stings his eye.
2. eyesight; sight; visionSee also 目が見える
- Helen Keller was blind, deaf and dumb.
3. look; stare; glance
- なが 。
- He regarded her with worship in his eyes.
4. an experience
6. stitch; texture; weaveSee also 編み目
7. ordinal number suffix
- Turn right at the second corner.
8. somewhat; -ishSee also 大きめ
9. EyeEyes are organs that detect light and convert it into ele... Read more
1. to run
- Look at that boy running.
2. to travel (movement of vehicles); to drive; to flow (e.g. energy)
- はし 。
- This train runs between Tokyo and Osaka.
3. to hurry to
4. to retreat (from battle); to take flight
5. to run away from homeesp. 奔る
6. to elope
7. to tend heavily towardesp. 趨る
- Editors often go to extremes in providing their readers with unimportant facts.
8. to flash; to streak; to shoot through (e.g. pain)
9. RunningRunning is a means of terrestrial locomotion allowing hum... Read more
奔る 【はしる】、趨る 【はしる】
1. travel; trip; journey; excursion; tour
2. TravelTravel is the movement of people or objects between relat... Read more
1. road; street; way; path; course; route; lane
- The path zigzagged up the steep slope.
2. distance; ways (e.g. "a long ways")
- One's life is like going far with a burden on one's back.
3. the way (of proper conduct, etc.); one's way; morals
4. teachings (esp. Confucian or Buddhist); dogma
5. field (of medicine, etc.); subject
6. way; method; means
7. DiameterIn geometry, a diameter of a circle is any straight line ... Read more
途 【みち】、路 【みち】、径 【みち】
1. aeroplane; airplane; aircraft
2. Fixed-wing aircraftA fixed-wing aircraft is an aircraft capable of flight us... Read more
1. movie; film
2. FilmA film, also called a movie or motion picture, is a serie... Read more
1. music; musical movement
2. MusicMusic is an art form whose medium is sound and silence. I... Read more
1. tree; shrub; bush
2. wood; timber
3. TreeA tree is a perennial woody plant. It most often has many... Read more
1. post-secondary education institution, incl. university, college, etc.See also 総合大学
- You should go on to a technical college.
2. former central university of Kyoto (established under the ritsuryo system for the training of government administrators)Abbreviation, See also 大学寮, See also 国学 こくがく
- The majority of the successful candidates were university graduates.
3. the Great Learning (one of the Four Books)See also 四書
4. UniversityA university is an institution of higher education and re... Read more
大學: Out-dated kanji.
1. watch; clock; timepiece
2. ClockA clock is an instrument used to indicate, keep, and co-o... Read more
土圭 【とけい】、時計 【ときはかり】
ときはかり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. family; members of a family
2. FamilyIn human context, a family is a group of people affiliate... Read more
1. flower; blossom; bloom; petal
- ゆうめい 水戸
- みにい 。
- We visited Mito Park, which is famous for its plum blossoms.
2. cherry blossom
4. blooming (esp. of cherry blossoms)
5. ikebanaSee also 生け花
6. Japanese playing cardsAbbreviation, See also 花札
- はな 。
- Speech is silver, silence is gold.
7. (the) bestSee also 言わぬが花, usu. as 〜が花
8. FlowerA flower, sometimes known as a bloom or blossom, is the r... Read more
- Your site appeals to people who are interested in cats.
4. wheelbarrowAbbreviation, See also 猫車
5. clay bed-warmerAbbreviation, See also 猫火鉢
6. bottom; submissive partner of a homosexual relationshipUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Antonym: タチ
7. CatThe domestic cat (Felis catus or Felis silvestris catus, ... Read more
1. every day
2. Every Single Day (band)Every Single Day, is a popular all male band from South K... Read more
2. HomeworkHomework, or homework assignment, refers to tasks assigne... Read more