Words — 270 found
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
1. monkey (esp. the Japanese macaque, Macaca fuscata); ape; non-human primateUsually written using kana alone, See also ニホンザル
- み 。
- I saw some monkeys climbing the tree.
2. sly personDerogatory
3. idiot; hickDerogatory
4. sliding wooden bolt (for holding a door or window shut)
5. clasp used to control the height of a pot-hookSee also 自在鉤
6. bathhouse prostituteArchaism, See also 湯女
7. Sarh (Chad); Sal
8. MonkeyA monkey is a primate of the Haplorrhini suborder and sim... Read more
猨: Out-dated kanji.
1. dog (Canis (lupus) familiaris)
- こわ 。
- She is afraid of barking dogs.
2. snoop (i.e. a detective, a spy, etc.)
- かぎまわ 。
- Watch out! A police spy is snooping around.
3. loser; assholeDerogatory
4. counterfeit; inferior; useless; wasteful
1. ball; sphere; globe; orb
- う 。
- There were beads of sweat on his forehead.
2. bead (of sweat, dew, etc.); drop; droplet
- A nickel is a five-cent coin.
3. ball (in sports)esp. 球
- Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
4. pile (of noodles, etc.)
5. bulletesp. 弾; also written as 弾丸
- The bullet just shaved his cheek.
6. bulb (i.e. a light bulb)esp. 球
7. lens (of glasses, etc.)
8. bead (of an abacus)esp. 玉,珠
9. ball (i.e. a testicle)Slang, Abbreviation, See also 金玉 きんたま, esp. 玉
10. gem; jewel (esp. spherical; sometimes used figuratively); pearlesp. 玉,珠; also written as 璧
11. female entertainer (e.g. a geisha)
12. person (when commenting on their nature); characterDerogatory
13. item, funds or person used as part of a plot
- That's because, you see, I've known he isn't that sort of person from a long time back.
14. eggSee also 玉子
15. coinusu. だま
16. precious; beautiful; excellent
球 【たま】、珠 【たま】、弾 【たま】
1. pig (Sus scrofa domesticus)
2. fat personDerogatory
3. Domestic pigThe domestic pig (also swine, in some areas hog) is a lar... Read more
1. fellow; guy; chapUsually written using kana alone, Derogatory, Only applies to やつ
- い 。
- He's a nice guy - that's unanimous.
2. thing; objectColloquialism, Only applies to やつ
- What a glorious fall day. This is what they mean by the lovely weather you get after a storm.
3. (derogatory or familiar) he; she; him; her
しゃつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. oneself (itself, etc.)Archaism
- You must not judge others by yourself.
2. I; meHumble (kenjougo)
4. by oneself (itself, etc.)
5. interjection expressing anger or chagrin
1. plain; unadorned; undecorated; unadulterated; au naturel
2. mere; poorDerogatory, before a noun
3. exceedinglybefore an adjective
1. fly (of infraorder Muscomorpha)Usually written using kana alone
- あつ 。
- The mob gathered round the car like so many flies.
2. person of no worth; pisher; scrubDerogatory
1. tuber; taro; potato
- Potatoes give me wind.
2. yokel; bumpkinDerogatory
薯 【いも】、藷 【いも】
1. he; she; this fellow; this guy; this personUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Derogatory, Familiar language, See also 其奴 そいつ
2. this; this one; this thingUsually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Derogatory, Familiar language, See also 其奴 そいつ
3. Hey, you!; You bastard!; Damn you!Usually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Derogatory, Familiar language
1. shitty; clumsy; poor; awkwardUsually written using kana alone, Derogatory
- Please don't do translations if you're crap at it. This is a plea from the English translation clients.
1. guy; fellow; chap; buddy
2. bastard; asshole; arsehole; son of a bitchMale term or language, Derogatory, Slang
1. dejected loser; dog that has lost a fight (with its tail between its legs)
- I can't stand getting beaten.
2. unmarried woman (with no children) over the age of 30Slang, Derogatory, See also お一人様 おひとりさま
1. pizzaFrom Italian
2. fat, ugly personDerogatory, Slang
3. PizzaPizza Listen/ˈpiːtsə/ is an oven-baked, flat, round bread... Read more
1. politician (esp. one who works only for their own personal gain)Derogatory