1. to pass through; to pass by; to go beyond
- す 、
- か 。
- A year had passed by and his body turned to dust.
2. to pass (of time); to elapse
- す 。
- Another lonely day.
3. to have expired; to have ended; to be over
4. to exceed; to surpass; to be above
- の 。
- This soup is too salty to eat.
5. to be no more than ...as 〜に過ぎない, etc.
6. to be excessive; to be too much; to be too ...Usually written using kana alone, often used after adj. stems or the -masu stems of verbs
Log in to talk about this word.