Words — 469 found
1. heliox; gas mixture of helium and oxygen; often hypoxic gas mix used by divers; medical gas used for its low density and easy breathing
1. gas light; gas lamp
2. Gas lightingGas lighting is production of artificial light from combu... Read more
瓦斯灯 【ガスとう】、ガス燈 【ガスとう】、瓦斯燈 【ガスとう】
瓦斯灯: Ateji (phonetic) reading. ガス燈: Out-dated kanji. 瓦斯燈: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji.
1. gas constant (R)
2. Gas constantThe gas constant (also known as the molar, universal, or ... Read more
1. gas mask
2. Gas maskA gas mask is a mask put on over the face to protect the ... Read more
1. natural gas
2. Natural gasNatural gas is a naturally occurring hydrocarbon gas mixt... Read more
1. miasma; noxious form of "bad air" formerly believed to cause diseases
2. Miasma theoryThe miasma theory (also called the miasmatic theory) held... Read more
1. greenhouse effect gas; greenhouse gas
2. Greenhouse gasA greenhouse gas (sometimes abbreviated GHG) is a gas in ... Read more
1. gas pedal; pressing one's foot on the genitals of a supine person while pulling on their feet
1. wound; injury; cut; gash; bruise; scratch; scrape; scar
- いた 。
- The seawater stings my cut.
2. chip; crack; scratch; nick
- めだ 。
- The scar on his forehead is conspicuous.
3. flaw; defect; weakness; weak pointSee also 玉に疵
- There's a scratch here. Could you give me a discount?
4. stain (on one's reputation); disgrace; dishonor; dishonour
- おも 、
- う 。
- Chris' heart felt so empty and damaged that it couldn't be repaired.
5. (emotional) hurt; hurt feelingsSee also 心の傷
疵 【きず】、瑕 【きず】、創 【きず】、キズ
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. gasoline; petrol
2. GasolineGasoline /ˈɡæsəliːn/, or petrol /ˈpɛtrəl/, is a transpa... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. distribution (e.g. films, rice)
- ねん 、東映
- えいが 。
- "Gang Wives" is a Yakuza movie released in 1986 by Toei Distribution Network.
2. rationing (e.g. food, gasoline)
- The government rationed meat during the war.
3. food ration