Words — 117 found
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. desire; wish; hope
- My wish is to study painting in Paris.
2. request; entreaty; plea; appeal
- The mayor granted our request.
- My prayers were answered.
4. (written) applicationoft. 願 when used as a suffix
願: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to desire; to wish; to hope
- ねが 。
- We long for peace.
2. to beg; to request; to implore; to pray
- ねが 。
- He asked my pardon.
3. to have something done for oneself
- ねが 。
- Do watch your step.
1. pleaseHumble (kenjougo)
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. (written) application; written request; petition
2. written prayer for a shrine or Buddhist templeSee also 願文
2. PetitionA petition is a request to do something, most commonly ad... Read more
1. desire; wish; aspiration
1. one's heart's desire; one's dearest wish
1. to ask for; to apply for; to make an application for; to file a request for; to submit (e.g. one's resignation)
1. cancellation; withdrawal
2. asking to be excused; begging off; not taking; refusing
- I don't want your pity.
1. first-to-file system (e.g. in patent law)
- Japan follows the principle of first-to-file.
2. First to file and first to inventFirst to file and first to invent are legal concepts that... Read more
1. wish; dream; prayer; one's desire
願いごと 【ねがいごと】、願事 【ねがいごと】
1. salvation by faith in AmitabhaBuddhist term, Yojijukugo (four character compound), See also 阿弥陀
2. relying on others; depending on othersYojijukugo (four character compound)
- You shouldn't rely on others. It's important to want to help yourself.