Words — 28 found
1. to be careful; to be discreetusu. 慎む
- As the situation is delicate, you should be careful of what you say.
2. to do in moderation; to refrain (from overdoing); to abstainusu. 慎む
- Please refrain from pushing forward.
3. to be reverentOnly applies to 謹む
4. to be purified; to be chaste
謹む 【つつしむ】、虔む 【つつしむ】
1. modesty; self-control; discretion
謹み 【つつしみ】、慎しみ 【つつしみ】、虔み 【つつしみ】、虔しみ 【つつしみ】
慎しみ: Irregular okurigana usage. 虔しみ: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word Links
1. self restraint; moderating one's behaviour; penitence; discipline
2. confinement to one's home; house arrest
1. humbly presenting; respectfully presentingwhen giving a gift, esp. if one's own work
1. Dear Sir or Madam; Dear Sirs; GentlemenHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language, letters that open with this usu. end with 敬白, 謹言, or 敬具
1. Dear Sir or Madam; Dear Sirs; GentlemenHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
1. carefully made; carefully producedesp. used by manufacturers of food products, etc.
2. quality product; product made with care