Words — 50 found
1. pointing out; identification
1. to pinch; to hold (between one's fingers); to pick up (with chopsticks, tweezers, etc.)Usually written using kana alone
2. to pick up and eat; to snack onUsually written using kana alone
3. to pick out (the main point); to summarize; to sum upUsually written using kana alone
4. to bewitch; to possess; to fascinateUsually written using kana alone, usu. as つままれる
摘まむ 【つまむ】、撮む 【つまむ】、抓む 【つまむ】
Common word Links
1. picking out; taking out; (surgical) removal
- The surgeon took out his patient's appendix.
Common word Links
1. knob; handle; buttonUsually written using kana alone
- You can adjust the color on the TV by turning this knob.
2. (file) handleComputer terminology
3. snack (to have with a drink); side dish
- I would like to have something to munch on with my beer.
4. a pinch (e.g. of salt)
5. picking; harvesting
摘まみ 【つまみ】、撮み 【つまみ】、抓み 【つまみ】
1. to sum up; to summarize; to summariseUsually written using kana alone, usu. in the form かいつまんで
かい摘む 【かいつまむ】、搔い摘む 【かいつまむ】、掻い摘まむ 【かいつまむ】
掻い摘まむ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. eating with one's fingers
2. snitching food; snatched food; secret eating; food snatched and eaten without the meal starting
- み 。
- He was seen to eat a piece of cake secretly.
3. embezzlement; misappropriation; exploiting something
摘まみ食い 【つまみぐい】、摘み食い 【つまみぐい】、撮み食い 【つまみぐい】
1. snack (to have with a drink); side dishPolite (teineigo), Usually written using kana alone, See also 摘み
お摘まみ 【おつまみ】、お抓み 【おつまみ】、お撮み 【おつまみ】、御摘み 【おつまみ】、御摘まみ 【おつまみ】、御抓み 【おつまみ】、御撮み 【おつまみ】
1. picking apples; harvesting applesObscure term
- She watched the harvest gathered and the apples picked.
1. to pick; to pluck
2. to snip; to cut; to nip; to trimOnly applies to 摘む
1. to pluck; to pick; to nip off
摘みとる 【つみとる】、つみ取る 【つみとる】、摘み取る 【つまみとる】、摘みとる 【つまみとる】、つまみ取る 【つまみとる】
1. to take a pinch of something (e.g. salt); to pick up in one's fingers
1. rape seedlings; pinched-off vegetable seedlings; young edible greens
摘み菜 【つまみな】、摘まみ菜 【つまみな】、撮み菜 【つまみな】
1. New Year food for entertaining a guest served in multilayered lacquered boxes
2. Kansai New Year decoration (made from food)Archaism, See also 蓬莱飾り ほうらいかざり, Edo name
食積 【くいつみ】、食い積み 【くいつみ】、食摘み 【くいつみ】、食い摘み 【くいつみ】