Words — 39 found
1. command; direction
1. (musical) conductor
2. commander; leader; director
3. ConductingConducting is the art of directing a musical performance ... Read more
1. show (of power, ability, etc.); exhibition; demonstration; display; manifestation
1. commander; commanding officer; CO
2. Commanding officerThe commanding officer (CO) is the officer in command of ... Read more
1. to swing; to wield (physically); to exertSee also 槍を振るう
2. to exercise (e.g. power, ability); to exhibit; to display; to wield (metaphorically)See also 威を振るう
- ふ 。
- The storm raged in all its fury.
3. to flourish; to prosper; to thrive
- The job drew out his talent.
揮う 【ふるう】、振う 【ふるう】
振う: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. conductor's stick; conductor's baton
2. Baton (conducting)A baton is a stick that is used by conductors primarily t... Read more
1. to take command; to give direction
指揮を取る 【しきをとる】、指揮をとる 【しきをとる】
1. taking command of a corps in a battle; command exercised by the leader of a groupYojijukugo (four character compound)