Words — 22 found
Common word Links
1. SydneyUsually written using kana alone
2. Sidney; Sydney (Australia)
3. SydneySydney is the most populous city in Australia and the sta... Read more
雪特尼: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. Buddhist nunOnly applies to 尼
2. Catholic nun; sisterOnly applies to 尼
3. bitchDerogatory, Usually written using kana alone
4. Amagasaki (city in Hyogo Prefecture)Slang, Only applies to 尼, abbr. of 尼崎
5. Amazon (online retailer)Abbreviation, Internet slang, Only applies to 尼, Only applies to アマ
6. NunA nun is a woman who has taken vows committing her life t... Read more
阿魔: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. penny (monetary unit); penceUsually written using kana alone
2. PennyA penny is a coin (pl. pennies) or a type of currency (pl... Read more
片尼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. Abyssinia; EthiopiaHistorical term, Usually written using kana alone, See also エチオピア
亜皮西尼: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Rarely-used kanji form.
1. dharani; spell; litany; Sanskrit multi-syllabic chant
2. DharaniA dhāraṇī is a type of ritual speech similar to a mantra.... Read more
1. jewel; pearl; gemstoneBuddhism, From Sanskrit “maṇi”
2. Cintamani stone; wish-fulfilling jewelBuddhism
1. female servant hired to take the blame for a noblewoman's fartsHistorical term
1. muni (Indian ascetic or sage)Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo) language
1. female servant hired to take the blame for a noblewoman's misdemeanours and fartsHistorical term
1. Gautama Buddha; Shakyamuni; the historical Buddha (5th c. BCE?)From Sanskrit “Śākyamuni”
1. bhikkhuni (fully ordained Buddhist nun)From Sanskrit “bhiksuni”
2. travelling female entertainer dressed as a nun (Kamakura, Muromachi periods)Historical term
3. lowly prostitute dressed as a nun (Edo period)Historical term
4. female servant hired to take the blame for a noblewoman's fartsAbbreviation, Historical term, See also 科負い比丘尼