Words — 22 found
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. ah!; oh!; alas!Usually written using kana alone, also written as 於乎, 於戯, 嗟乎, 嗟夫, 吁, etc.
- かな 。
- Ah, me!
2. yes; indeed; that is correctUsually written using kana alone
- He said "Yeah" when she asked if he was tired.
3. aah; gah; arghUsually written using kana alone, in exasperation
- Ah, I've failed again!
4. hey!; yo!Usually written using kana alone
- Look! There's a plane taking off.
5. uh huh; yeah yeah; right; gotchaUsually written using kana alone
噫 【ああ】、嗟 【ああ】、あー、あぁ、アー、アア、アァ
嗚呼: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 噫: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 嗟: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. true parrot (esp. small parrots such as the parakeet, lory and conure)Usually written using kana alone
1. calling repeatedly (e.g. someone's name)
2. pronouncing successively (usu. repeating a syllable with voicing, as in "tsuzuku")linguistics terminology
1. lengthening a vowel (e.g. as in Kansai dialect)linguistics terminology, See also 短呼
2. long sound (esp. long vowel)linguistics terminology
1. shout with a loud voice; fulminate; vociferateYojijukugo (four character compound)
Common word Links
1. aaah!; oooh!; oh no!; oh boy!Usually written using kana alone, See also 嗚呼 ああ, expression of despair, resignation, boredom, disgust, etc.
嗚呼嗚呼 【あーあー】、嗚呼嗚呼 【あーーー】、アアアア、アーアー、アーーー
嗚呼嗚呼: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 嗚呼嗚呼: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 嗚呼嗚呼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.