Words — 79 found
1. to shave (wood, leather, etc.); to sharpen (e.g. pencil); to plane; to whittle; to pare; to scrape off; to erode
- けず 。
- I sharpened a pencil with a knife.
2. to cut down (budget, expenses, staff, time, etc.); to curtail; to reduce
- けず 。
- He was struck off the list.
3. to delete; to erase; to remove; to cross out; to strike out
1. deletion; elimination; erasure; striking out
1. cut; reduction; curtailment
1. additions and deletions; adding and deleting; revisions; revising
- Additions and deletions are not shown immediately.
2. to add and to delete; to revise
- Add and delete buttons from the OE toolbar.
1. to chip (off); to shave (off); to slice (off); to sharpen
2. to dampen (e.g. enthusiasm); to discourage; to weaken; to reduceUsually written using kana alone
- The rain damped their spirits.
1. rough-hewn; incomplete; unrefined; still in the process of being formed
1. to compete ruthlessly; to sharpen swordsIdiomatic expression
1. pencil sharpener
2. Pencil sharpenerA pencil sharpener (also referred to as a parer or topper... Read more
えんぴつ削り 【えんぴつけずり】、エンピツ削り 【エンピツけずり】
1. pencil sharpened at both ends; sharpening a pencil at both ends