Words — 26 found
1. technical skill; ability; capacity
伎能: Irregular kanji usage.
1. technique; art; skill; move
技 【ぎ】、伎 【わざ】、伎 【ぎ】
伎: Irregular kanji usage. 伎: Irregular kanji usage.
1. kabuki; traditional form of drama and music performed by male actors wearing makeup mainly in white and red
3. Kabukiis a classical Japanese dance-drama. Kabuki theatre is kn... Read more
歌舞妓: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. ability; competency; talent; skill; capacity
技倆 【ぎりょう】、伎倆 【ぎりょう】、伎量 【ぎりょう】
技倆: Rarely-used kanji form. 伎倆: Rarely-used kanji form. 伎量: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. kabuki troupe; kabuki theater (theatre)
2. Kabuki-za (theatre in Tokyo)
3. Kabuki-zaKabuki-za in Ginza was the principal theater in Tokyo for... Read more
1. kabukimono; Edo-period samurai who attracted public attention with their eye-catching clothes, peculiar hairstyle, and eccentric behaviorHistorical term
2. Kabukimonoor hatamoto yakko appeared in Japan, between the end of t... Read more
かぶき者 【かぶきもの】、歌舞伎者 【かぶきもの】
1. gigaku (genre of masked drama-dance performance)Historical term
2. GigakuGigaku, also known as kure-gaku refers to an extinct genr... Read more
1. repertoire of 18 kabuki plays
2. Kabuki JūhachibanThe Kabuki Jūhachiban (歌舞伎十八番), or Eighteen Best Kabuki P... Read more
1. Okuni kabuki; progenitor of modern kabuki, developed by Izumo Taisha shrine maiden Izumo no Okuni and popularized in Kyoto (early Edo period)