Words — 297 found
1. statue of Buddha; image of Buddha; Buddhist statue; Buddhist image
3. BuddharupaBuddharūpa (बुद्धरूप, literally, "Form of the Awakened On... Read more
1. large statue of Buddha (trad. at least 4.8m high)
2. Daibutsuor 'giant Buddha' is the Japanese term, often used inform... Read more
1. Buddha; Shakyamuni
- ほとけ 。
- Ignorance is bliss.
2. Buddhist image; figure of Buddha
3. the dead; dead person; departed soul
4. merciful person
佛 【ほとけ】、𠏹 【ほとけ】
佛: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 𠏹: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. FranceUsually written using kana alone
仏蘭西: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 佛蘭西: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
2. BuddhismBuddhism is a religion and philosophy indigenous to the I... Read more
佛教: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. Buddhist (household) altar
2. ButsudanA butsudan (佛壇 or 仏壇, literally "Buddha altar") is a shri... Read more
1. stupa; pagoda
2. PagodaA pagoda is the general term in the English language for ... Read more
1. Buddhist scriptures; sutras
2. Buddhist textsBuddhist texts can be categorized in a number of ways. Th... Read more
1. Buddhist image maker
2. BusshiA Busshi (仏師) is a Japanese sculptor specializing in Budd... Read more
1. nembutsu; nenbutsu; nianfo; prayer to Amitabha BuddhaBuddhism
2. visualizing a Buddha (in one's mind)Buddhism
3. NianfoNianfo, is a term commonly seen in the Pure Land school o... Read more
JLPT N1 Links
1. FranceAbbreviation, See also 仏蘭西 フランス
2. French (language)Abbreviation
1. attaining Buddhahood; becoming a Buddha; entering Nirvana
2. going to heaven; resting in peace; dying (peacefully)