Words — 1 found
1. to step on; to tread on; to trample on
- The man did not so much as apologize for stepping on my foot.
2. to set foot on (e.g. foreign soil); to stand on; to visit
3. to experience; to undergo
- Her first appearance on the stage was in 1969.
4. to follow (rules, principles, etc.); to go through (e.g. formalities); to complete
- No matter what you do, you must follow the correct order.
5. to estimate; to guess; to judge; to value; to appraise
- I had expected stronger resistance from the enemy but if anything there are less of them as we advance to the centre... Don't you think that's strange?
6. to rhymeSee also 韻を踏む
7. to succeed to (e.g. the throne)
履む 【ふむ】、践む 【ふむ】