Words — 1 found
1. to buy; to purchase
- John claimed that the dishonest salesman had tricked him into buying a useless piece of machinery.
2. to value (highly); to think highly of; to have a high opinion of; to appreciate; to recognize
- か 。
- We fully appreciate his excellence as a skier.
3. to incur (someone's anger, displeasure, etc.); to elicit (e.g. sneers); to invite (e.g. scorn); to evoke; to arouse; to win (someone's favour)
- His constant insults aroused my anger.
4. to accept; to take on; to take up
5. to pay for (a prostitute, geisha, etc.)