Words — 12 found
1. modesty; humility; being humble
1. to deprecate oneself and praise the listener; to abase oneselfUsually written using kana alone
1. humble language in which the listener (or a third party) is the indirect object of an action (or the recipient of an object, etc.)See also 謙譲語ＩＩ
1. humble language (e.g. itadaku)linguistics terminology
1. self-deprecating term; humble way of referring to oneself, one's abilities, one's possessions, etc.
1. humble language in which an action or object is not directed toward the listener (or a third party); humble language used as a courtesySee also 謙譲語Ｉ