Words — 23 found
1. feudal lord; daimyoHistorical term
蕃主: Irregular kanji usage.
1. clanship; clannism; clan favoritism; clan favouritismHistorical term
2. Meiji oligarchyThe Meiji oligarchy was the name used to describe the new... Read more
1. paper money issued by a feudal domainHistorical term
2. Scrip of Edo period JapanDuring the Edo period, feudal domains of Japan issued scr... Read more
1. han school; school established by a daimyo for educating the children of the domain's retainersHistorical term
2. Han schoolThe han school was an educational institution in the Edo ... Read more
藩黌: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. ancestor of a feudal lordHistorical term
2. founder of a feudal domainHistorical term
1. return of the land and people from the feudal lords to the EmperorHistorical term, Yojijukugo (four character compound)