Words — 10 found
1. to lick; to lap; to suck
- な 。
- The puppy licked her on the cheek.
2. to taste
- しょ 。
- If you taste this sauce you'll find it a bit salty.
3. to experience (esp. a hardship)
- I have struggled under extreme difficulties for a long time.
4. to look down on (someone); to make fun of; to put down; to treat with contempt; to underestimateUsually written using kana alone, See also 無礼 なめ, poss. from 無礼（なめ）; also written 無礼る
- Don't make light of me.
5. to lick (at; of flames); to burn
嘗める 【なめる】、甞める 【なめる】
嘗める: Rarely-used kanji form. 甞める: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to lickUsually written using kana alone
舐ぶる: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to lick (all) up; to lick all over; to lick clean
2. to engulf (in flames); to consume (of fire); to sweep through; to completely destroy
嘗め尽くす 【なめつくす】、なめ尽くす 【なめつくす】、舐めつくす 【なめつくす】
1. to lick all over; to run one's tongue over
舐めまわす 【なめまわす】、嘗め回す 【なめまわす】、なめ回す 【なめまわす】、嘗めまわす 【なめまわす】