Words — 13 found
1. to warm (e.g. one's hands over a fire); to dryUsually written using kana alone
- He dried his wet clothes by the fire.
2. to toast; to grill; to broil; to roast; to scorchUsually written using kana alone
- That was cooked in oil.
焙る 【あぶる】、烘る 【あぶる】
烘る: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. roasted green tea
2. HojichaHojicha is a Japanese green tea that is distinguished fro... Read more
1. bouffant cloth cap (traditionally worn by elders and monks)See also 大黒頭巾
1. to bring into the open; to reveal; to uncover (e.g. evidence); to bring to light
炙り出す 【あぶりだす】、焙り出す 【あぶりだす】
1. earthenware baking pan; parching pan
2. form of punishment in which a person is forced to walk on an oiled pipe over a charcoal fire (ancient China)Historical term, Only applies to ほうらく
焙烙 【ほうらく】、炮烙 【ほうろく】、炮烙 【ほうらく】
1. invisible writing revealed by applying heat; writing done in invisible ink
炙り出し 【あぶりだし】、焙り出し 【あぶりだし】
1. basket made of bamboo or wire mesh (for drying clothes, cooking rice cakes, etc.)Obscure term