Words — 14 found
1. to burn; to burn down; to go down in flamesOnly applies to 焼ける
- や 。
- This toast is not done enough.
2. to be roasted; to be thoroughly cookedOnly applies to 焼ける
3. to be sunburnt; to fade (in the sun)Only applies to 焼ける, Only applies to 灼ける
4. to glow red (i.e. of the sky at sunset)Only applies to 焼ける
5. to become hot (from the sun)Only applies to 焼ける, Only applies to 灼ける
6. to be jealous; to be enviousOnly applies to 焼ける, Only applies to 妬ける, Only applies to 嫉ける
灼ける 【やける】、妬ける 【やける】、嫉ける 【やける】
嫉ける: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. jealousy; envy
2. EnvyEnvy (also called invidiousness) is best defined as a res... Read more
1. to be jealous of; to envy; to begrudge
1. to be jealous of; to be envious of; to envySee also 焼く やく
嫉く: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to be jealous of; to envy; to begrudgeFormal or literary term, See also 妬む ねたむ
妬む 【そねむ】、猜む 【そねむ】
1. jealousy and enmity; being jealous of and at odds with (each other)Yojijukugo (four character compound)