Words — 6 found
1. great; excellent; admirable; remarkable; distinguished; important; celebrated; famous; eminent
- I discerned the potential of great things in him.
2. very troublesome; awful; terribleUsually written using kana alone
- My wife had a hard time getting into the swing of our new life in America.
3. tiring; toughUsually written using kana alone
4. very; extremelyUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect
1. to have a terrible time; to have a hard timeSee also 目にあう めにあう
- We had a terrible time in the blizzard.
えらい目に遭う 【えらいめにあう】、偉い目にあう 【えらいめにあう】、偉い目に遭う 【えらいめにあう】、えらい目に会う 【えらいめにあう】、偉い目に会う 【えらいめにあう】
えらい目に会う: Irregular kanji usage. 偉い目に会う: Irregular kanji usage.
1. What are we going to do?; uh-oh; oh crapUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect