Words — 435 found
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
2. noteMusic term
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
1. strange; odd; peculiar; weird; curious; queer; eccentric; funny; suspicious; fishy
- The orange left a strange taste in my mouth.
4. incident; disturbance; disaster; accident
5. flatMusic term, See also 変ロ短調
變: Out-dated kanji.
1. score; sheet musicMusic term
2. Sheet musicSheet music is a handwritten or printed form of music not... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. pianoMusic term, From Italian
2. PianoThe piano is a musical instrument played by means of a ke... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. accent (on a syllable, word); stress; pitch accent
- Where do you place the stress in the word "Australia"?
2. intonation; inflection; cadence
3. (language) accent (e.g. American, British)
- Judging from his accent, he is from Kansai.
4. accent (e.g. in a design); highlight; emphasis
5. accent (on a note)Music term
6. Accent (linguistics)In linguistics, an accent is a manner of pronunciation pe... Read more
1. marchMusic term
2. March (music)A march, as a musical genre, is a piece of music with a s... Read more
1. scaleMusic term
2. Musical scaleIn music, a scale is a sequence of musical notes in ascen... Read more
1. interval; stepMusic term
2. Interval (music)In music theory, an interval is a combination of two note... Read more
1. prelude; overtureMusic term
2. Prelude (music)A prelude (Germ. Präludium or Vorspiel; Lat. praeludium; ... Read more
1. ripple; ring on the water
3. Japanese slit drum; instrument made of iron with slits on top; makes a rippling soundMusic term
1. basic tone; underlying tone; basic theme; basis; keynote
3. keynoteMusic term, See also 主調
1. bar; measureMusic term
2. short pause (in writing)
3. petty principles; minor details
4. Bar (music)In musical notation, a bar (or measure) is a segment of t... Read more
1. moving forward (e.g. vehicle); onward movement
- The work is now in progress.
2. advance (work, procedure, etc.); advancement; progress
3. progress (of a disease); disease progression
- About this time, the disease slowed.
4. progression (harmonic, melodic)Music term
- The coxswain egged his crewmen on, and made a winning spurt at the last lap of the regatta.
2. wrapping (something up)
3. rapMusic term
- I have to wrap my sister's dinner in clingfilm.
- Rap is crap.
5. lap timeAbbreviation, See also ラップタイム
6. RappingRapping (also known as emceeing, MCing, spitting, or rhym... Read more
1. bluesMusic term
2. BluesBlues is the name given to both a musical form and a musi... Read more
1. sonataMusic term, From Italian
2. SonataSonata, in music, literally means a piece played as oppos... Read more
1. reggaeMusic term
2. ReggaeReggae is a music genre first developed in Jamaica in the... Read more