Words — 548 found
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
2. noteMusic term
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
1. strange; odd; peculiar; weird; curious; queer; eccentric; funny; suspicious; fishy
- The orange left a strange taste in my mouth.
4. incident; disturbance; disaster; accident
5. flatMusic term, See also 変ロ短調
變: Out-dated kanji.
1. score; sheet musicMusic term
2. Sheet musicSheet music is a handwritten or printed form of music not... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. pianoMusic term, From Italian
2. PianoThe piano is a musical instrument played by means of a ke... Read more
1. side dish; okazu; side dish (meat, fish, pickles, etc.) accompanying the rice in a typical Japanese mealUsually written using kana alone
- き 。
- I've decided what to cook for dinner.
2. fill; fill-in (drumming)Music term, Usually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Only applies to おかず, Only applies to オカズ
3. material for assisting arousal during masturbationUsually written using kana alone, Slang, Only applies to おかず, Only applies to オカズ
御菜 【おかず】、御数 【おかず】、お数 【おかず】、お菜 【おさい】、御菜 【おさい】、オカズ
1. accent (on a syllable, word); stress; pitch accentlinguistics terminology
- Where do you place the stress in the word "Australia"?
2. intonation; inflection; cadence
3. (language) accent (e.g. American, British)
- Judging from his accent, he is from Kansai.
4. accent (e.g. in a design); highlight; emphasis
5. accent (on a note)Music term
6. Accent (linguistics)In linguistics, an accent is a manner of pronunciation pe... Read more
1. tempoMusic term, From Italian
2. TempoIn musical terminology, tempo is the speed or pace of a g... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. jazzMusic term
2. JazzJazz is a musical style that originated at the beginning ... Read more
1. concert; recitalMusic term
2. ConcertA concert is a live performance before an audience. The p... Read more
1. marchMusic term
2. March (music)A march, as a musical genre, is a piece of music with a s... Read more
1. scaleMusic term
2. Musical scaleIn music, a scale is a sequence of musical notes in ascen... Read more
1. interval; stepMusic term
2. pitch; key
3. Interval (music)In music theory, an interval is a combination of two note... Read more
1. prelude; overtureMusic term
2. Prelude (music)A prelude (Germ. Präludium or Vorspiel; Lat. praeludium; ... Read more
1. one's normal condition; one's usual state
- とりもど 。
- I have finally regained my regular form.
2. keynote (esp. shamisen); proper keyMusic term
1. ripple; ring on the water
3. Japanese slit drum; instrument made of iron with slits on top; makes a rippling soundMusic term
1. basic tone; underlying tone; basic theme; basis; keynote
3. keynoteMusic term, See also 主調
1. bar; measureMusic term
2. short pause (in writing)
3. petty principles; minor details
4. Bar (music)In musical notation, a bar (or measure) is a segment of t... Read more