Words — 562 found
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
1. strange; odd; peculiar; weird; curious; queer; eccentric; funny; suspicious; fishy
- The orange left a strange taste in my mouth.
4. incident; disturbance; disaster; accident
5. flatMusic, See also 変ロ短調
變: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. score; sheet musicMusic
2. Sheet musicSheet music is a handwritten or printed form of music not... Read more
1. idea; conception
2. way of thinking; approach
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. pianoMusic, From Italian
2. PianoThe piano is a musical instrument played by means of a ke... Read more
1. small dish (usu. one of several accompanying rice); side dishFood, cooking, Usually written using kana alone
- き 。
- I've decided what to cook for dinner.
2. fill; fill-in (drumming)Music, Usually written using kana alone, Colloquialism, Only applies to おかず, Only applies to オカズ
3. jack-off material; something to masturbate toUsually written using kana alone, Vulgar expression or word, Slang, Only applies to おかず, Only applies to オカズ
御菜 【おかず】、御数 【おかず】、お数 【おかず】、お菜 【おさい】、御菜 【おさい】、オカズ
1. accent (on a syllable, word); stress; pitch accentLinguistics
- Where do you place the stress in the word "Australia"?
2. intonation; inflection; cadence
3. (language) accent (e.g. American, British)
- Judging from his accent, he is from Kansai.
4. accent (e.g. in a design); highlight; emphasis
5. accent (on a note)Music
6. Accent (linguistics)In linguistics, an accent is a manner of pronunciation pe... Read more
1. tempoMusic, From Italian
2. TempoIn musical terminology, tempo is the speed or pace of a g... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. JazzJazz is a musical style that originated at the beginning ... Read more
1. concert; recitalMusic
2. ConcertA concert is a live performance before an audience. The p... Read more
2. March (music)A march, as a musical genre, is a piece of music with a s... Read more
2. Musical scaleIn music, a scale is a sequence of musical notes in ascen... Read more
1. interval; stepMusic
2. pitch; key
3. Interval (music)In music theory, an interval is a combination of two note... Read more
1. prelude; overtureMusic
2. Prelude (music)A prelude (Germ. Präludium or Vorspiel; Lat. praeludium; ... Read more
1. one's normal condition; one's usual state
- とりもど 。
- I have finally regained my regular form.
2. keynote (esp. shamisen); proper keyMusic
1. ripple; ring on the water
3. Japanese slit drum; instrument made of iron with slits on top; makes a rippling soundMusic
1. basic tone; underlying tone; basic theme; basis; keynote
3. keynoteMusic, See also 主調
1. bar; measureMusic
2. short pause (in writing)
3. petty principles; minor details
4. Bar (music)In musical notation, a bar (or measure) is a segment of t... Read more