Words — 471 found
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
2. noteMusic term
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
1. strange; odd; peculiar; weird; curious; queer; eccentric; funny; suspicious; fishy
- The orange left a strange taste in my mouth.
4. incident; disturbance; disaster; accident
5. flatMusic term, See also 変ロ短調
變: Out-dated kanji.
1. score; sheet musicMusic term
2. Sheet musicSheet music is a handwritten or printed form of music not... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. pianoMusic term, From Italian
2. PianoThe piano is a musical instrument played by means of a ke... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. accent (on a syllable, word); stress; pitch accent
- Where do you place the stress in the word "Australia"?
2. intonation; inflection; cadence
3. (language) accent (e.g. American, British)
- Judging from his accent, he is from Kansai.
4. accent (e.g. in a design); highlight; emphasis
5. accent (on a note)Music term
6. Accent (linguistics)In linguistics, an accent is a manner of pronunciation pe... Read more
1. concert; recitalMusic term
2. ConcertA concert is a live performance before an audience. The p... Read more
1. marchMusic term
2. March (music)A march, as a musical genre, is a piece of music with a s... Read more
1. prelude; overtureMusic term
2. Prelude (music)A prelude (Germ. Präludium or Vorspiel; Lat. praeludium; ... Read more
1. interval; stepMusic term
2. pitch; key
3. Interval (music)In music theory, an interval is a combination of two note... Read more
1. scaleMusic term
2. Musical scaleIn music, a scale is a sequence of musical notes in ascen... Read more
1. ripple; ring on the water
3. Japanese slit drum; instrument made of iron with slits on top; makes a rippling soundMusic term
1. basic tone; underlying tone; basic theme; basis; keynote
3. keynoteMusic term, See also 主調
1. bar; measureMusic term
2. short pause (in writing)
3. petty principles; minor details
4. Bar (music)In musical notation, a bar (or measure) is a segment of t... Read more
1. moving forward (e.g. vehicle); onward movement
- The work is now in progress.
2. advance (work, procedure, etc.); advancement; progress
3. progress (of a disease); disease progression
- About this time, the disease slowed.
4. progression (harmonic, melodic)Music term
1. bluesMusic term
2. BluesBlues is the name given to both a musical form and a musi... Read more
1. sonataMusic term, From Italian
2. SonataSonata, in music, literally means a piece played as oppos... Read more
1. reggaeMusic term
2. ReggaeReggae is a music genre first developed in Jamaica in the... Read more