Words — 351 found
1. swing; shake; wave; swinging
2. appearance; behaviourUsually written using kana alone
- Learn wisdom from the faults of others.
3. pretence (pretense); show; pretending (to)Usually written using kana alone, See also 振りをする, oft. after a noun+の or verb in the dictionary form
- I affected not to understand what he was saying.
4. going to restaurant, hotel etc. without a reservation or introductionUsually written using kana alone
5. move (dance); postures
6. lead in (e.g. to a running joke, asking a question); lead upUsually written using kana alone, See also 前振り, oft. as フリ
7. unsewn part of a hanging sleeve on a traditional Japanese woman's garment
8. counter for swords, blades, etc.
9. not wearing underwear or pantsArchaism
10. WindWind is the flow of gases on a large scale. On Earth, win... Read more
1. common cold; cold; influenza; flu; ague
- You probably just have a cold.
2. Common coldThe common cold (also known as nasopharyngitis, rhinophar... Read more
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. bath; bathtubSee also お風呂
- はい 。
- The Inca took baths more often than Europeans.
2. bathroom; bathhouse
- The apartment consists of three small rooms and a bath.
3. room for drying lacquerware
4. base (wooden joint connecting the blade of a hoe, spade, etc., to the handle)
5. BathtubA bath, bathtub, or tub (informal) is a large container f... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. wrapping cloth; cloth wrapper
- He took full advantage of the wrapper.
2. FuroshikiFuroshiki (風呂敷, furoshiki) are a type of traditional Japa... Read more
1. manners; customs
- The old custom is still kept up in that district.
2. sex service; sex industry; sex-oriented entertainment
3. Folkways (sociology)
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. scenery; scene; landscape; view; sight
2. scene (e.g. of a crime)
JLPT N1 Links
1. pinwheel (toy); windmill (toy)Only applies to かざぐるま
- I had never seen a windmill until I visited the Netherlands.
3. Clematis patens (species of climbing plant)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to かざぐるま, Only applies to カザグルマ
4. WindmillA windmill is a machine which converts the energy of wind... Read more
1. natural features; topography; climate; spiritual features
- なじ 。
- Professor Sprout acclimated the plant to a new environment.
1. wind speed
- れいか ３０
- にちが 。
- When we take the wind-chill factor into account, the temperature must have been lower than thirty degrees below zero centigrade.
2. Wind speedWind speed, or wind velocity, is a fundamental atmospheri... Read more
1. satire; irony; sarcasm
- The play is a satire on the political world.
2. SatireSatire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in... Read more
1. endemic disease; local disease
- みいだ 。
- It was discovered that less than one child in a hundred had been inoculated against endemic disease.
2. Endemic (epidemiology)In epidemiology, an infection is said to be endemic (from... Read more
1. public bathhouse
- The fire started in the bathhouse.
2. bathhouse proprietorSensitive
1. taste; flavor; flavour
- ま 。
- Garlic enhances the flavor of meals.
1. personality; style; appearance
- The restaurant goes its own way.
2. communication (within an organisation); openness
風通し 【かざとおし】、風とおし 【かぜとおし】、風とおし 【かざとおし】