Words — 207 found
1. space (between); gap; interval; distance
- You are sitting between Meg and me.
2. time (between); pause; break
3. span (temporal or spatial); stretch; period (while)
- あいだ 、
- How long have you lived in Kobe?
4. relationship (between, among)
- むす 。
- In 1978 a peace treaty was concluded between Japan and China.
5. members (within, among)
6. due to; because ofArchaism, Only applies to あいだ
7. Ma (negative space)Ma is a Japanese word which can be roughly translated as ... Read more
あわい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. space; room; time; pause
- せんたく 。
- When the cat is away, the mice will play.
1. interval; period of time
- The play ran for six months.
2. among; between; inter-
- No inequality should be allowed to exist between men and women.
1. to be in time for
- いそ 。
- Hurry up in order to catch the train.
2. to serve (suit, meet) the purpose; to be good enough; to be enough
- This will do for the time being.
間にあう 【まにあう】、まに合う 【まにあう】
1. to make a mistake (in); to commit an error (e.g. in calculation)
- You need not be afraid of making mistakes.
2. to confuse; to mistake something for something else
- You've got the wrong station.
1. mistake; error; blunderSee also ミス
2. accident; mishap; trouble
3. improper conduct (e.g. between man and woman); indiscretion
1. soon; before long; in a short timeUsually written using kana alone
- たの 。
- I am looking forward to seeing you soon.
2. lacking time to ...; without time to ...Usually written using kana alone, after verb
- I didn't have time to recover before I came down with another horrible cold.
1. space; interval; SPC
- There is a bus every fifteen minutes.
1. to make a mistake; to be incorrect; to be mistaken
- まちが 。
- What you were taught is wrong.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
- What's your relation with him?
1. plan of a house; arrangement of rooms; list of rooms in an apartment, excluding bathroom and toilet, encoded as a string of digits and letters (e.g. "2DK" for a two-room apartment with a kitchen/dining area)
- へや 。
- It's a small noisy apartment, but it's where I live and I call it home.
2. House planA house plan is a set of construction or working drawings... Read more
1. certain; sure; doubtlessSee also 紛れもない まぎれもない
2. I have no doubt; You can depend on it; It's a safe betIdiomatic expression
1. to make do; to manage (with something); to make shift
- I don't like this model but I'll have to make do with it.
2. to (make) get done on timeSee also 間に合う
- はたら 。
- I worked all night so to meet the deadline.
1. proximity; nearness; soon; nearby
- This building is near completion.
間近 【まじか】、真近 【まぢか】、真近 【まじか】
まじか: Irregular kana usage. 真近: Irregular kanji usage. まじか: Irregular kana usage. 真近: Irregular kanji usage.
1. on the verge of; just before; on the point of
- はねあ 。
- The Nikkei index jumped dramatically just before closing.
- え 。
- We only have secondhand information of the coup.
1. indirect tax
- か 。
- New indirect taxes were imposed on spirits.
1. eating between meals; snacking
- He acquired the habit of snacking.