Words — 187 found
1. coming out; going out; outflow; efflux; rising (of the sun or moon)
2. attending (work); appearing (on stage); one's turn to go on
3. start; beginning
4. origins; background; person (or item) originating from ...; graduate of ...; native of ...; member of ... (lineage)
5. architectural member that projects outward
6. highest point of the stern of a ship
7. amount (comprising something); amount of time or effort required to do somethingUsually written using kana alone, usu. after the -masu stem of a verb as 〜出がある or 〜出がない, etc.
1. to be able (in a position) to do; to be up to the taskUsually written using kana alone
- I'm sorry, I can't stay long.
2. to be ready; to be completedUsually written using kana alone
- お 」
- "Is the essay ready?" "No, I'm sorry. I haven't finished writing it yet."
3. to be made; to be builtUsually written using kana alone
- That football is made of genuine leather.
4. to be good at; to be permitted (to do)Usually written using kana alone
- May I use your toilet?
5. to become intimate; to take up (with somebody)Usually written using kana alone
- They seem to be in love with each other.
6. to grow; to be raisedUsually written using kana alone
- でき 。
- Oranges grow in warm countries.
7. to become pregnantUsually written using kana alone
出きる 【できる】、出來る 【できる】
出來る: Out-dated kanji.
1. to leave; to exit; to go out; to come out; to get outAntonym: 入る はいる
- It's true that a ghost appeared at my house.
2. to leave (on a journey); to depart; to start out; to set out
- おお 。
- Many American students work their way through the university.
3. to move forward
- He didn't answer the phone, so I left him an email.
4. to come to; to get to; to lead to; to reach
5. to appear; to come out; to emerge; to surface; to come forth; to turn up; to be found; to be detected; to be discovered; to be exposed; to show; to be exhibited; to be on display
6. to appear (in print); to be published; to be announced; to be issued; to be listed; to come out
7. to attend; to participate; to take part; to enter (an event); to play in; to perform
8. to be stated; to be expressed; to come up; to be brought up; to be raised
9. to sell
10. to exceed; to go over
11. to stick out; to protrude
12. to break out; to occur; to start; to originate
13. to be produced
14. to come from; to be derived from
15. to be given; to get; to receive; to be offered; to be provided; to be presented; to be submitted; to be handed in; to be turned in; to be paid
16. to answer (phone, door, etc.); to get
17. to assume (an attitude); to act; to behave
18. to pick up (speed, etc.); to gain
19. to flow (e.g. tears); to run; to bleed
20. to graduate
1. to go out (e.g. on an excursion or outing); to leave; to depart; to start; to set out
2. to be about to leave; to be just going out
1. to meet (by chance); to come across; to run across; to encounter; to happen upon出遭う usu. has a negative connotation
2. to meet (e.g. of rivers, highways, etc.)Only applies to 出会う, Only applies to 出合う, esp. 出合う
3. to emerge and engage (an enemy)Only applies to 出会う, Only applies to 出合う, often used imperatively as 出会え
出逢う 【であう】、出合う 【であう】、出遭う 【であう】、出あう 【であう】
1. incident; affair; happening; event
- お 。
- This is how the incident happened.
出来ごと 【できごと】、出来事 【できこと】
できこと: Irregular kana usage.
1. meeting; rendezvous; encounter
2. confluenceesp. 出合い, 出合
出逢い 【であい】、出合い 【であい】、出会 【であい】、出合 【であい】、出遭い 【であい】
1. to meet; to greet
- It is exciting to welcome Jane.
1. meeting; reception
- Thank you for coming to meet me.
1. in and out; coming and going; free association; income and expenditure; debits and credit
- The door gives access to the kitchen.
出入り 【ではいり】、出這入り 【ではいり】
1. exit and entrance
- The crew is now opening the hatch.
1. to be completed; to be finished; to be ready (e.g. to serve or eat)
- How soon can you have this dress ready?
2. to be very drunkSee also べろべろ
でき上がる 【できあがる】、出来あがる 【できあがる】、出来上る 【できあがる】
1. irresponsible utterance; nonsense; bullshit; codswallopUsually written using kana alone
- He seduced her with false promises.
2. random; haphazard; unsystematicUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- He put the books on the shelf out of order.
出鱈目: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. to happen to meet; to come across
- で 。
- We came upon them in New York.
出会す 【でくわす】、出喰わす 【でくわす】
1. exit; gateway; way out; outlet; leak; ventSee also 入り口
- で てください。
- Go up to ground level at exit B2.
1. working away from home
- It has become common practise to employ foreigners working abroad from Asian countries as maids.
2. DekasegiDekasegi is a term used in Latin American cultures to ref... Read more
1. as much as one can; as much as possible; if at all possibleUsually written using kana alone
- Read as many books as you can.
1. yield; crop; production; volume; piecework
- なか 、
- A record number of shares changed hands in busy trading as prices soared to a historic high.
1. origin; source; authority
- A good newspaper reporter takes advantage of what he learns from any source, even the "little bird told him so" type of source.
2. birthplaceOnly applies to しゅっしょ
3. release (discharge) from prisonOnly applies to しゅっしょ
4. exit; point of departureOnly applies to でどころ, Only applies to でどこ
5. time to take actionOnly applies to でどころ, Only applies to でどこ
出所 【でどこ】、出処 【しゅっしょ】、出処 【でどこ】、出所 【でどころ】、出処 【でどころ】、出どころ 【でどころ】
1. to go to; to proceed to; to leave for
- Is there any need for me to go there?