Words — 445 found
1. to meet; to encounter; to see逢う is often used for close friends, etc. and may be associated with drama or pathos; 遭う may have an undesirable nuance
- おぼえ 。
- I remember seeing him before.
2. to have an accident; to have a bad experienceUsually written using kana alone, esp. 遭う when in kanji
逢う 【あう】、遭う 【あう】、遇う 【あう】
1. to come together; to merge; to unite; to meet
- あ 。
- This waistcoat won't meet at the front.
2. to fit; to match; to suit; to agree with; to be correct
- This white coat will look very nice on you.
3. to be profitable; to be equitable
4. to do ... to each other; to do ... togetherafter the -masu stem of a verb
- The two ladies smiled at each other.
おう: Irregular kana usage.
Common word Links
1. ounce; 28.35g
2. OunceThis article is about the unit of mass. For the unit of f... Read more
1. outdoor; al fresco
2. Outdoor recreationOutdoor recreation or outdoor activity is leisure pursuit... Read more
1. Om; Aun; syllable representing the primordial trinity of Vishnu, Shiva and BrahmaUsually written using kana alone, From Sanskrit
2. inspiration and expiration; respiration; alpha and omega
3. A-unThe term A-un is the transliteration in Japanese of the s... Read more
阿うん 【あうん】、阿呍 【あうん】、アウン
2. low and away (pitch)Baseball term, Wasei, word made in Japan, From English “out low”. Wasei (word made in Japan)
3. OutlawIn historical legal systems, an outlaw is declared as out... Read more
1. autobahn (only used for German, etc. highways)From German “Autobahn”
2. German autobahnsThe German autobahns are the nationally coordinated motor... Read more
1. the harmonizing, mentally and physically, of two parties engaged in an activity; singing from the same hymn-sheet; dancing to the same beat
Common word Links
1. outlet (store that sells seconds, discontinued lines, etc.)
2. electrical outletSee also コンセント
1. away goals (rule in soccer)
2. Away goals ruleThe away goals rule is a method of breaking ties in assoc... Read more
1. outbreak (of war or disease)
2. OutbreakOutbreak is a term used in epidemiology to describe an oc... Read more
1. out-sourcing; outsourcing
2. OutsourcingOutsourcing is the process of contracting an existing bus... Read more
2. Outside (David Bowie album)Outside is a concept album first released 26 September 19... Read more