Words — 42 found
1. siblings; brothers and sistersSee also ご兄弟
3. siblings-in-law; brothers-in-law; sisters-in-law
4. mate; friendFamiliar language, Male term or language
1. I; meMale term or language
- I called Susan to apologize to her, but she hung up on me.
2. youused addressing young children
- 。 「
- I was asked, "You OK, kid?". I replied, "Fine."
3. manservantSee also しもべ
1. you; buddy; palMale term or language, Familiar language, also used colloquially by young females
- もんだい 。
- Your plan to buy another PC is out of the question.
2. monarch; ruler; sovereign; (one's) masterorig. meaning
1. you (formerly honorific, now sometimes derog. term referring to an equal or inferior)Familiar language, Male term or language
- You shall be my daughter's husband.
2. presence (of a god, nobleman, etc.)Only applies to おまえ
お前 【おまい】、お前 【おめえ】、御前 【おまえ】、御前 【おまい】、御前 【おめえ】
1. to eatMale term or language
- く 。
- The starving man devoured the food.
2. to live; to make a living; to survive
3. to bite; to sting (as insects do)
4. to tease; to torment; to taunt; to make light of; to make fun of
5. to encroach on; to eat into; to consume
6. to defeat a superior; to threaten a position
7. to consume time and-or resources
- く 。
- This job eats money.
8. to receive something (usu. an unfavourable event)Colloquialism
- く 。
- The boss bawled me out.
9. to have sexual relations with a woman, esp. for the first timeMale term or language, Vulgar
喰う 【くう】、啖う 【くう】
啖う: Out-dated kanji.
1. I; meMale term or language, sounds rough or arrogant
- You are trying to kill me.
己 【おれ】、俺 【おらあ】、俺 【おり】
己: Out-dated kanji. おらあ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おり: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. lord; sirHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Only applies to きょう
- すわ アンソニー
- On the wall there was a big picture of Sir Anthony at the piano.
2. state minister (i.e. under the ritsuryo system)See also 律令制
3. you (in reference to someone of lower status)Archaism, Male term or language, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), esp. けい
1. semi-polite or endearing auxiliary verb indicating reception by the speakerMale term or language, See also 給え, after the -masu stem of a verb
1. you (plural); all of you; you allFamiliar language, Male term or language, also used colloquially by young females
- Those are not your chairs.
1. weMale term or language
- He belongs to our tennis team.
1. weMale term or language
- We weren't aware of the time.
1. guy; fellow; chap; buddy
2. bastard; asshole; arsehole; son of a bitchMale term or language, Derogatory, Slang
1. I (nuance of arrogance); me; myselfArchaism, Male term or language
- Thinking about those sort of things, I watched "Duck Soup" again.
2. we; us; ourselves
吾輩 【わがはい】、我が輩 【わがはい】、吾が輩 【わがはい】、わが輩 【わがはい】
1. (sentence end) adds force; indicates commandMale term or language
- It's time you went to bed.
1. please ...Usually written using kana alone, Male term or language, See also 給う, after the -masu stem of a verb
- Say it to his face, not behind his back.
1. we; usMale term or language
- の 、
- We're doing the same old routine: going bar hopping and then to karaoke.
1. used to create a form of question indicating that the speaker actually believes the opposite is true; emphasizes a determination not to do something, e.g. "Like hell I will!"Male term or language
- I shall never follow links posted by Muiriel again.
1. such things as (non-exhaustive list related to a specific time and place); and ... and
- You'll soon come to enjoy the food and drink here.
2. the minute (that) ...; no sooner than ...; as soon asSee also や否や, after the dictionary form of a verb
3. punctuational exclamation in haiku, renga, etc.
4. interjection expressing surprise
- I guess I'm never going to get married.
5. hiMale term or language
6. plain copulaKansai dialect, See also だ
7. yes; what?Archaism
8. indicates a questionArchaism
9. Ya (kana)や, in hiragana, or ヤ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. I; me; my humble selfHumble (kenjougo), Male term or language, epistolary style