Words — 297 found
1. cattle (Bos taurus); cow; bull; ox; calf
- My father has a ranch and breeds cattle and horses.
2. beefSee also 牛肉, usu. ぎゅう
- In Japan beef has a high degree of marbled fat.
4. CattleCattle (colloquially cows) are the most common type of la... Read more
- やく ４
- It has a wingspan of about four inches.
3. counter for birds or bird wingsArchaism, Only applies to よく
4. WingA wing is an appendage with a surface that produces lift ... Read more
1. oni; ogre; demon
- わら 。
- Next year is the devil's joke.
2. spirit of a deceased personSee also 亡魂
3. ogre-like person (i.e. fierce, relentless, merciless, etc.)Only applies to おに
4. it (in a game of tag, hide-and-seek, etc.)Only applies to おに, See also 鬼ごっこ おにごっこ
6. very; extremely; super-Slang, Only applies to おに, See also 超
7. Oni (folklore)are creatures from Japanese folklore, variously translate... Read more
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. square (or cube)
3. bishop, Abbreviation, See also 角行 かくぎょう
4. third degree (of the Japanese & Chinese pentatonic scale)See also 五音
6. jiao (monetary unit of China; one-tenth of a yuan)See also 元 げん
7. Horn (anatomy)A horn is a pointed projection of the skin on the head of... Read more
1. meeting; assembly
- This is a very important meeting.
2. associationChemistry term
3. conjunctionAstronomy, etc. term, See also 合
1. orbit; trajectoryAstronomy, etc. term, Physics terminology
- The satellite made 10 orbits of the earth.
2. railroad track
3. (on the right) track; going smoothlySee also 軌道に乗る
1. 0.18039 litres (liters)
2. 0.3306 metres square (meters)
3. one-tenth of the way from the base to the summit of a mountain
4. conjunctionAstronomy, etc. term, See also 衝
- じっさい 「はやぶさ」
- ごう 」
- よ 。
- Of course "Hayabusa" is not actually closing in on the Sun, it is just positioned as in the figure so that, seen from the Earth, it is on the opposite side of the Sun; this is called 'conjunction'.
5. counter for covered containers
6. counter for matches, battles, etc.
7. Gō (unit)The gō is a traditional Japanese unit of area and volume.... Read more
1. Milky WayAstronomy, etc. term
2. galaxyAstronomy, etc. term
- There are many galaxies in the universe.
3. GalaxyA galaxy is a massive, gravitationally bound system that ... Read more
1. Milky Way galaxy; Milky Way; the GalaxyAstronomy, etc. term
2. galactic system; galaxyAstronomy, etc. term
3. Milky WayThe Milky Way is the galaxy that contains the Earth. This... Read more
1. reverse movement; retrogression; going backwards; moving in the wrong direction; running counter to (e.g. the laws of nature); running against (e.g. the tide of the times)Antonym: 順行
2. retrogradation; retrogressionAstronomy, etc. term
1. meal; (one's) diet; food; foodstuff; foodstuffsOnly applies to 食
- That restaurant prepares two thousand meals every day.
2. eclipse (solar, lunar, etc.)Astronomy, etc. term, See also 星食
1. half-moonAstronomy, etc. term
- なづ 。
- We named the boat the Half Moon.
2. half month
1. black spot; dark spot
2. sunspotAstronomy, etc. term
- Let's observe sunspots.