Words — 981 found
1. the world; society; the universe
2. sphere; circle; world
3. renowned; world-famous; well-known outside of Japan
4. realm governed by one Buddha; spaceBuddhist term, original meaning
5. WorldWorld is a common name for the whole of human civilizatio... Read more
1. the past; bygone days; the previous
2. a past (i.e. a personal history one would prefer remained secret); one's past
3. past (tense); preterit; preteritelinguistics terminology
4. previous lifeBuddhist term
5. PastMost generally, the past is a term used to indicate the t... Read more
- It is most important to emphasize that none of these processes are conscious.
2. awareness; sense
- This cuisine is seasoned to evoke the esprit of Paris.
3. mano-vijnana (mental consciousness, cognizer of sensory information)Buddhist term
4. ConsciousnessConsciousness is a term that refers to the relationship b... Read more
1. wisdom; wit; sagacity; sense; intelligence
- He is a man of wisdom.
2. prajna (insight leading to enlightenment)Buddhist term, usu. 智慧
3. Wisdomof Wisdom]] Wisdom is a deep understanding and realizatio... Read more
智恵 【ちえ】、智慧 【ちえ】
1. idea; notion; conception
- The older you grow, the more you tend to adhere to fixed ideas.
2. sense (e.g. of duty)
- な 。
- She has no sense of duty.
3. resignation; preparedness; acceptance
- I gave up all hope of survival.
4. observation and contemplationBuddhist term
5. IdeaAn idea is a concept or mental impression. Very often, id... Read more
1. beast (i.e. any animal other than man)
2. person reborn into the animal realmBuddhist term, See also 畜生道
3. brute (i.e. a contemptible human being)
4. son of a bitch; for Christ's sake; damn it
- ちくしょう 、
- Shit! I've got a flat.
5. Animals in BuddhismThe position and treatment of animals in Buddhism is impo... Read more
1. practicality; practical
- In principle, there should be a parking place for every car. In practice, this is not true.
2. reality; actuality; actual conditions
- It seems like yesterday, but it's actually nearly ten years since we first met.
3. bhutakoti (limit of reality)Buddhist term
1. hindrance; obstacle; nuisance
2. to visit (somebody's home)See also お邪魔します
3. demon who hinders Buddhist training; demon who obstructs sentient beings from maintaining moral behaviourBuddhist term, orig. meaning
1. border; boundaryusu. さかい
2. turning point; watershedOnly applies to さかい, often ...を境に
3. area; region; spot; space; environmentusu. きょう
4. psychological state; mental stateusu. きょう
5. cognitive object; something perceptible by the sense organs or mindBuddhist term, Only applies to きょう
界 【さかい】、境 【きょう】
1. law; act; principle
- Everybody is equal before the law.
- おも 。
- I don't think this is a good approach to biology.
3. moodlinguistics terminology
4. dharmaBuddhist term
1. extermination (e.g. of pests, demons, bandits); elimination; eradication; suppression
2. making someone renounce worldly desires in order to concentrate on Buddha's teachingsBuddhist term
3. curing illness
1. life and death
- That fight seemed like a life-or-death struggle.
2. samsara (cycle of death and rebirth)Buddhist term, Only applies to しょうし, Only applies to しょうじ
3. deathOnly applies to しょうし, Only applies to しょうじ
生死 【しょうし】、生死 【しょうじ】
1. to perceive; to sense; to discern
- さと 。
- At last, he realized his error.
2. to understand; to comprehend; to realize
3. to attain enlightenmentBuddhist term
1. (doing) various things; (doing) this and thatUsually written using kana alone
- There were some unsavory rumors about him.
2. being apt to; being prone to; tending toUsually written using kana alone
- We tend to forget that exercise is a key to good health.
3. at any rate; anyhow; anywayUsually written using kana alone
4. all sorts of (negative things); variousUsually written using kana alone
5. rabbit horns (used as a metaphor for things that do not exist)Buddhist term, Only applies to 兎角, See also 亀毛兎角
1. look; appearance
2. spectacle; sight
3. observation meditationBuddhist term
4. outlook on ...; view of ...
- This is Japan as Americans see it.