1. suspicious; dubious; questionable; dodgy; shady; fishy
- おも 。
- We are all suspicious about him.
2. doubtful; unsure; uncertain; unlikely; implausible
- おも 。
- I question whether he'll come in time.
3. untrustworthy; unreliable; clumsy; awkward; shaky; poor
4. strange; weird; eerie; spooky; uncanny
- かんが 。
- The strange-looking woman was thought to be a witch.
5. ominous (e.g. weather); threatening; dangerous (e.g. financial situation); uncertain
- あや 。
- The sky looks ominous. I wonder if it will rain.
6. suspicious (of a potential amorous relation)
- なが 。
- Word got around that Jeanette and Dave were having an affair.
7. mysterious; bewitching; alluring; enticing; enchantingSee also 妖しい あやしい, also 妖しい
Log in to talk about this word.